Re: Why is Verizons 4g getting worse??
Eds650
Enthusiast - Level 3

73111, seems to be like old dial up speed at times. Shows 4g, but usually only 2-3 bars. Seems as though when I subscribed to go unlimited,  speed decreased. 

Eds650
Enthusiast - Level 3

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Eds650, thank you for contacting us. We know how irritating slow data can be, and we're here to help you get better speeds. We don't have any outages or alerts in that area. You seem to have a pretty good signal. Changing to the Go Unlimited plan can definitely mean decreased speeds. When you have the Go Unlimited plan, you have the lowest priority on the network and during times of congestion, data will be slower. With our new Mix and Match options, each line on your account can get the unlimited plan that best fits their needs. You can learn more about our unlimited plan on the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/unlimited/. We'll be standing by in case you have any further questions. 

UbaldoJ_VZW

Paul_1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is the Verizon service in the Albany NY area deteriorating so much?  From Albany, 787 and South on Thruway from Exit 23 and Coxsackie, Athens & Catskill the service has deteriorated to almost 10% dependability.  Why is this happening?  Check from zip code 12047 to 12015 and reply.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Paul_1, thank you so much for reaching out to us today. We want to make sure that you have nothing but stellar service. I'm not showing any issues within the zip codes that you've provided. How long has this been going on? Do you know if any other Verizon Wireless customers are having the same troubles in this area? KevinR_VZW

mertlem
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live in Seattle and Verizon used to be the Best by far. I switched from AT&T because their reception was garbage. Now my Verizon service is almost just as bad. Dead spots in the middle of the largest city in the Northwest.

In fact, In the city of Burien which is just south of Seattle about 10 mins. the reception on the west side near the water is absolutely Zero. Whixh is insane due to how large the area is and Verizon refuses to ad a tower or anything. They simply hook up receivers to their WiFi so they can make calls. Ridiculous !

I expect something like this in some small town in Montana maybe but not in Seattle. And not to even a dress it at all ? 

But this is always what happens when a company is at the top for too long. They get used to profit taking and only respond when that market share dips and that is what is going to,happen in Seattle.

Im switching back to AT&T most likely. Depending on the deal

Coolbreeze1531
Enthusiast - Level 2

525C4C07-523E-46F8-96E3-5BA319C19E41.gif

Verizon’s data network is never consistent! I have only seen data speeds over 70 mbps approximately 5-6 times since switching! Sprint had 70 plus all the time and T-Mobile’s data speeds are way faster!!! 

At my residence with Verizon I might as well have snail 🐌mail service with the 1-5 mbps that I get in the evening after getting home from work. Funny thing is at 430 in the morning my data speeds are 40 mbps plus at the same residence that I see speeds of 1-5 mbps in the evening. 

Verizon tech support and staff cannot explain the reasons for the huge fluctuations and at best have suggested using my WiFi at home 🤔I don’t pay over $200 a month for cell phone service to use WiFi!!!! 

All first responders and general public looking for a great cellphone provider should look else where because Verizon does not have the best data network!!! 

steve8
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. I used to get service everywhere now I have 4bars and no internet at all. I have the unlimited plan area code 02645. I’ve been a customer with 3 phones since 2011. Before that I was a customer for 7 years under my ex wife’s name.  This needs to be resolved or I’m leaving. I pay higher prices than any other service out there. It used to be worth it when I could get service when and where others couldn’t but now people are blowing right by me with services like cricket and other random carriers. Fix it or wave goodbye

springlake
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's just it, Verizon is NOT doing a good job of staying ahead of the problem. On the contrary, they are doing a terrible job! We are paying about $300 per month (2 phones) for what has become almost non-existent service.

We have struggled with voice service for several months (having to go outside in any weather to even make a call), and as of the past couple of days, we can't even text. So what exactly are we paying for?

I am visiting a Verizon store today and unless I get some kind of satisfaction, I'm moving on to a carrier that can actually provide the service we are paying for. 

I consider Verizon to be in breach of their service contract with us.

ALLRELATIVE1105
Enthusiast - Level 3

I suspect that Verizon is doing this purposely. Verizon encouraged everyone to sign up unlimnited plans (at a lower cost) for 4G with the additional cost for 5G. With everyone going unlimited, the 4G bandwidth is being used up very quickly and will force customers to go to 5G when available adn buy new phones. Remember what Apple did to your phone to force you to buy a new model several years ago, same devious marketing ploy. SO sad! I am considering leaving too after 20+ years with verizon.