Why is Verizons 4g getting worse??
Cmunch62886
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is service/coverage in my area deteriorating. It used to be good but for the last 6 months it has slowly gotten worse and worse. I thought it was my phone so I got a new Samsung S9 same problems so 900 bucks for no reason. And I'm not talking about a little slowdown. I'm talking 5mb/s to now 10 kb/s a second all day every day now. What am I paying 140 month for? Garbage service?? I used to get people to switch to verizon in my area because it worked so good. Now I am making sure people don't. This is ridiculous.

Labels (1)
Re: Why is Verizons 4g getting worse??
deloused
Master - Level 3

It's likely due to the network being overload based on it's capacity from all the users in the area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to offering you the best service when and where you needed it as I know how imperative it is to stay connected. May I have your zip code to pinpoint the area? Is this occurring indoors and outdoors? Are voice and text services affected as well?

Yale_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Cmunch62886
Enthusiast - Level 1

Zip code is 77663. It is happening inside and out. Even tried it in my roof. Voice and text are not affected. I have 4 or 5 bars but garbage service. Did a speed test yesterday 25kbs download, but 10mbs upload...Sounds like you have your tower overloaded, upgrade your equipment. Can't watch any videos. Even opening this forum took forever.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for those additional details, Cmunch62886. There are currently no known issues in the area. Are you only experiencing an issue with data speeds around your home? If so, how far away do you have to travel before service improves? Do you happen to know of any other Verizon users in the area who are experiencing a similar issue?

Lauren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
PKAROU
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brooklyn, NY 11228. Use to be great now garbage. Affects voice and messaging too. It happens inside and outside my house. I have included most recent speed test imageScreenshot_20190312-085447_Speedtest.jpg

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having quick speeds is important. We are here to help. Though the download speeds are within range of our network speeds (5-12+MBPS) the upload (2-5+MBPS) is below average. How are your Voice and Messaging impacted? Are other users experiencing this problem or only your device? How long has this been going on for?

AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
weskeene
Enthusiast - Level 3

Remember all those neighbors you used to cheerfully invite to join the network? You're now sharing towers with them. I say that tongue in cheek, but it's true.

As more and more customers join the network, and their needs increase year over year, it's difficult for networks to keep up. Verizon does a good job trying to stay in front of it, but no one is perfect and local zoning/permitting issues can really slow things down.

Not making excuses for anyone here, it's not good. Just know it's a hard situation to solve.

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have 4G ,  and never ran out. All of sudden I ran out with 13 days left. Not doing anything different. Whats going on?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! Having a reliable 4G LTE signal is key. Let's get you back online. When did this begin? Can you explain exactly what's going on with your service? 

JosephT_VZW

0 Likes