Why has LTE Advanced just brought slower speeds?
dja2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the past years when I got Verizon, I joined cause they had the 1st 4G LTE in town.  I would get speedtests of 50 Mbps or greater back then and today I only get 15 Mbps at most.  Why has Verizon degraded 4G LTE speed ever since they started this LTE Advanced stuff?  I am in Texas by the way.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why has LTE Advanced just brought slower speeds?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to keeping you at top speed where you need it most. I can confirm the speeds seen are within the range that LTE supports. Are the slower speeds primarily happening indoors? May I have the zip code to review the area?

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dja2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi thank you for the reply, my zip code is 78045 and the speedtest is outdoors.  If I go closer to the boarder probably zip code 78040, I get like 5X the LTE speed where I used to get that same speed at Home.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information. We do not see any known issues in your area. What kind of device do you have? Do you also have issues with Calls and Text Messages? Is your device up to date with the latest software version?

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dja2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Samsung S8+ with the latest firmware. 

Just for your information, I am a computer tech and what I am trying to make you acknowledge is the the Verizon LTE speed for data is low compared to other spots in my city.

For instance right now I am barely getting 2 Mbps down.  It seems like my data is being trotthled down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dja2k, we definitely understand the importance of having the speeds you're used to having. The additional information is helpful. We want to determine if this is a network or device issue. Has anything changed since you noticed the speed reduction, like a new app, software update, or plan change? Can you confirm that there's no issue with calls or text? Are other customers having similar or the same issue?

La’SindaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dja2k
Enthusiast - Level 3

No drop calls or problems with text.  As you know we have access to Hotspot which I shared to my laptop sometimes and well if I am downloading something, is where I can tell the speed is not as it was some years ago.  My dad has an iphone and his speed here at home are lousy too.  What changed in my area the past year for Verizon?  If I travel more south on IH-35, I get 30+ MB which is more reasonable. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes, we definitely want you to have the speeds. Since more than one person is having this issue, we will need to submit a network ticket. I will be sending you a private message so we can get started.

ZangY_VZW

0 Likes