Why do I have such poor reception?
cryckert

I came to Verizon from AT&T a few months ago.  For the most part I have been pleased, however I work at West Kentucky Community and Technical College and the reception here is horrible.  Outside of the buildings you do get signal although it is low quality signal, inside there is next to no signal at all.

Just a couple of miles further in the mall area the signal is maxed out inside or outside.  When I went with Verizon I was told that this area was well covered.

Are there any plans to put a tower anywhere close to a location where thousands of people are weekly?

If not since I am on Edge I can go back to AT&T in Dec but other than this I am satisfied BUT since I am here at least 1/3 of the time it is a major inconvenience.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor reception West Kentucky Community and Technical College
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to welcome you to the Verizon family, cryckert. We take great pride in being able to provide service in many more areas than other providers.
We don't have access to information on new towers being implemented. Even though we are not able to guarantee coverage indoors, we do have network extenders to help in those instances http://bit.ly/10FW8pQ.
Areas can also be variably covered due to infrastrutcture, foliage, network congestion.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to welcome you to the Verizon family, cryckert. We take great pride in being able to provide service in many more areas than other providers.
We don't have access to information on new towers being implemented. Even though we are not able to guarantee coverage indoors, we do have network extenders to help in those instances http://bit.ly/10FW8pQ.
Areas can also be variably covered due to infrastrutcture, foliage, network congestion.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon already has towers in Paducah. Also indoor coverage is not guaranteed. the coverage maps are for outside coverage only and even they can't take into account trees and buildings and such.

You say you've been with Verizon only a few months but you can leave in December because you're on Edge. Not sure where you got that from. You can leave anytime as long as you pay for the device in full. Assuming you signed up in December 2013 and you want to leave this December you would still have to pay off the rest of the phone.

0 Likes