Why cant I get 4G service?
dscoo7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I live out in the country and I get way better reception than I do at work in the Boeing Everett plant. The Internet is barely usable, takes forever just to load a page. T-moble is looking better all the time. A couple people at work just switched and theirs works just fine. I get download speeds of .2mb and they are getting 5+mb, [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] .

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why cant I get 4G service and why is internet so slow at Boeing Everett, WA plant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the extra details, dscoo7. We definitely want you to get the best service possible, but we really aren't able to control the signal inside of the building. It's possible that your company previously had an in-building solution like the Network Extender http://vz.to/1d472L4 to bring that signal from outside into the building. We definitely don't want to see you go anywhere else when the service is available here. The typical download speed for 4G LTE service is usually 5 Mbps-12 Mbps, so the speeds you're reporting outside the building are pretty great. You can also try our Wireless Account Analysis http://vz.to/151a2Sm to see if there's a way for you to save more through us.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why cant I get 4G service and why is internet so slow at Boeing Everett, WA plant
dscoo7
Enthusiast - Level 2

no reply from vzw, guess I'll go talk to T-moble and see if they want my business.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

dscoo7 wrote:

no reply from vzw, guess I'll go talk to T-moble and see if they want my business.

This is a peer to peer customer forum and not a direct link to Customer Support. If a rep does respond, it can be DAYS after the original post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dscoo7, I understand that you need reliable internet at work. We certainly don't want you to leave. There can be many factors to affect signal inside a building, especially a plant. Did you previously have service in the building? How is your signal in the rest of the city?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dscoo7
Enthusiast - Level 2

2 or 3 years ago when vzw had the Boeing contract the service was much better. It has steadily declined since then. I can get 4g as soon as I leave the building, and my download speeds outside the building and around the area have been 5-20mb compared to .02-.2mb inside the building. Seems like maybe the system is overloaded or something because the service switches between 1x and 3g often and especially around break time. For what I am paying I should get much better service. The two friends that just recently switched to T-mobile are getting 5mb download speed and are paying considerably less. Why should I stay with vzw.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the extra details, dscoo7. We definitely want you to get the best service possible, but we really aren't able to control the signal inside of the building. It's possible that your company previously had an in-building solution like the Network Extender http://vz.to/1d472L4 to bring that signal from outside into the building. We definitely don't want to see you go anywhere else when the service is available here. The typical download speed for 4G LTE service is usually 5 Mbps-12 Mbps, so the speeds you're reporting outside the building are pretty great. You can also try our Wireless Account Analysis http://vz.to/151a2Sm to see if there's a way for you to save more through us.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
dscoo7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hope that's not your best answer. We have over 35,000 people working here, and I'm sure 50+ percent are with vzw. I think your system just isn't up to par to handle that load. I can get 3G with 4 bars or better but the system just cant handle the load and is very slow. If you cant fix this overloaded system, then I will be forced to take my business elsewhere. I love my new LG G2 but it isn't worth a crap on an overloaded system.

0 Likes
dscoo7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm sure if you realy wanted to you could call boeing and work something out to put your network extenders back in the building. I would think it would be better than losing thousands of customers.

0 Likes
meglizard

It's definitely an overloaded system.  When I get here very early at 6:30am, there are less people here and I have LTE in the building and data works.  As soon as more people get to work and jam up the system, i go down to 1x pretty much the whole day and my unlimited data plan is rendered completely useless.  Considering I'm at work more than anywhere else, if Verizon doesn't fix this issue soon, I will be looking for another carrier for my entire family plan.

0 Likes
VooduuChild

The fact is that Verizon USED to work excellent here in the Boeing Everett factory...better than all others.  I have taken a test, at my desk for three phones.  2 on Verizon, 1 on AT&T.  The two verizon were .2 (iphone) that is POINT TWO, and barely 2 Mbps on my Android.   however, the android on AT&T rated over 40 Mbps.  Y'all at verizon are gonna lose a TON of business over this...especially since everyone I know is wondering why our speeds DUMPED here.  The speeds were good before....like less than 2 months ago.  Now I am paying $200 a month for garbage.  Not for long.

0 Likes