When will we see 4G LTE in Mendocino & Lake Counties in Northwestern California?
CALIFRAILROADER

Just what the title says, does anybody have any info on this?  I am surprised Sonoma County still doesn't have LTE yet, especially Santa Rosa.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When will we see 4G LTE in Mendocino & Lake Counties in Northwestern California?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Since the users on this community are customers and this is a peer to peer forum, the official site is the same information we know.

There are some VZW employees that post here too, but they often don't know anything more than the customers.

You can also check the VZW press releases. They have announced the next batch of cities getting LTE on September 15, 2011. Perhaps your area is one of those.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When will we see 4G LTE in Mendocino & Lake Counties in Northwestern California?
rcschnoor
Legend

CALIFRAILROADER wrote:

Just what the title says, does anybody have any info on this?  I am surprised Sonoma County still doesn't have LTE yet, especially Santa Rosa.

Why are you surprised? Did Verizon announce that this area would have 4G LTE by now and it does not?

Information about when markets are scheduled to get 4G can be found HERE.

0 Likes
CALIFRAILROADER

I take it you aren't familiar with this area of California :smileywink:  I was hoping to get a more in depth response than just a link to the official Verizon site :smileyhappy:  I do appreciate the reply though!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Since the users on this community are customers and this is a peer to peer forum, the official site is the same information we know.

There are some VZW employees that post here too, but they often don't know anything more than the customers.

You can also check the VZW press releases. They have announced the next batch of cities getting LTE on September 15, 2011. Perhaps your area is one of those.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

How rural is this area!?

Is the cell sites in the area within 60 miles (microwave backhaul) of a GE (GigabitEthernet-X) connection that VZW needs to haul it with fiber back to its core LTE infrastructure in Northern California/Silicon Valley/San Jose data-centers and onto the greater internet!?

A-lot of it is fiber availbility by a supplier that VZW can contract with...

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for all your responses.

Were all excited for 4G LTE as we try to get it to everyone as fast as possible. We've got a great tool on our website to see the 4G network map and to be alerted for updates to your area.

Thank you

0 Likes