Want wireless printers connected to mifi 4510L-A Geek Sqd said had done but onsite Geek couldn't
Pattyj80
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Want wireless printers connected to mifi 4510L-A Geek Sqd said had done but onsite Geek couldn't
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

This should be possible with a MiFi 4510L without an extra configuration on the MiFi.  All you need to do is make sure you know what the correct IP Address is and work yourself through the Network installation wizard for your printer.

If you are having a specific problem or question related to the MiFi then please let us know.  The more details that you can share about your printer model, OS, and error messages the better. 

Otherwise for printer installation issues you should contact your printer manufacturer (HP, Brother, Epson, etc) for support and installation instructions.  Chances are that the printer manufacturer has a similar forum that you can use too.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Want wireless printers connected to mifi 4510L-A Geek Sqd said had done but onsite Geek couldn't
Smabbage

It should be possible with the 4510L-A if it's set up any thing like the Samsung SCH-LC11.  I've done it with the Samsung SHC-LC11 without issue.  I just had to remember to turn off the "Privacy Separator Enable" option. 

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

This should be possible with a MiFi 4510L without an extra configuration on the MiFi.  All you need to do is make sure you know what the correct IP Address is and work yourself through the Network installation wizard for your printer.

If you are having a specific problem or question related to the MiFi then please let us know.  The more details that you can share about your printer model, OS, and error messages the better. 

Otherwise for printer installation issues you should contact your printer manufacturer (HP, Brother, Epson, etc) for support and installation instructions.  Chances are that the printer manufacturer has a similar forum that you can use too.

0 Likes
deloswilbur
Enthusiast - Level 3

I would highly advise against this until there is a firmwware release that makes the 4510L more stable.  A hard reset, or battery removal is required daily for this device in many cases.  Thus there isn't any value in changing any of the settings, so if you are going to set this up you want to make sure everything you are connecting to it can connect on the default factory settings. 

What I have done and would suggest anyone does is configure an access point with a second wireless router for internal use.  This means you will still be able to print and function internally when the 4510L locks up (Every morning for me, sometimes after lunch also.)  If you are within period where you can exchange this device for a different one (or better yet leave Verizon without paying $175) I would really advise doing that, but if not then I think a secondary wireless router is your best least frustrating option.

Just my $.02

0 Likes