Video streaming quality for grandfathered plan: MORE EVERY UNL TLK TXT 10GB
TCas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a 10GB shared data plan that was commenced in Nov 2014. Does anyone know the video quality (480, 720, 1080) that this plan provides? Cannot seem to find this info online.

Re: Video streaming quality for grandfathered plan: MORE EVERY UNL TLK TXT 10GB
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello TCas, being on top of your More Everything Unlimited Plan is vital, especially if you want to be on top of your video quality. If you do not mind us asking, why are you looking into this? Are you encountering any issues?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
TCas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm trying to compare the video quality of my current plan with the video quality of some of your newer plans. My current plan has no speed throttling but some of the new plans do. So I'm wondering the same about video quality.

So if you don't mind me asking, could you please just respond to my question?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TCas, it's our pleasure to provide you with an answer. We just want you to know that we ask these questions to make sure we are providing a solution and not just a bandaid. This is the streaming for our new plans: Get More = 720p HD, Do More = 480p DVD, Play More = 720p HD, and Start = 480p DVD. I'm also providing our plan link for your convenience: https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/ Does this help? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
TCas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank thank you, but my question is about the video quality/resolution of my current plan, not your new plans. Video. Is my current plan 480, 720, 1080 or some mixture of these? If a mixture, what is the mix?

Weth
Legend

gUDP is video limited like the play and get more plans

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/verizon-offers-to-disable-video-throttling-for-10mo/ 

This new limitation applied not just to new customers signing up for Beyond Unlimited, but retroactively across the board to ALL Verizon plans - including the previously truly unlimited Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans.

This limitation works by throttling the speed of detected video streams - to 6Mbps on phones (suitable for 720p resolution) and to 10Mbps on tablets, hotspots, and tethered devices (suitable for 1080p resolution).

0 Likes
Benitez147
Contributor - Level 1

@Weth wrote:

gUDP is video limited like the play and get more plans

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/verizon-offers-to-disable-video-throttling-for-10mo/ 

This new limitation applied not just to new customers signing up for Beyond Unlimited, but retroactively across the board to ALL Verizon plans - including the previously truly unlimited Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans.

This limitation works by throttling the speed of detected video streams - to 6Mbps on phones (suitable for 720p resolution) and to 10Mbps on tablets, hotspots, and tethered devices (suitable for 1080p resolution).

Or you can just use a VPN to avoid all that mess for people who still have gUDP. It doesn't make sense for anyone to get rid of gUDP and that is what Verizon hates. 

0 Likes