Very slow data service
Mex2viva
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been on Verizon data plans for about 10 years with few, if any speed issues, until now. My regular speeds where I live and where I work are around 30-50 Mbps download, and 10-30 Mbps upload. These past 7-10 days, it has been much slower. Just ran the test (speedtest), and I'm getting 2 Mbps download and 0.6 Mbps upload. Please help!

Labels (1)
Re: Very slow data service
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Getting a jump on some of the questions that VZW support could ask...

. Which data plan is currently being subscribed to? Is it one where the mobile devices can be throttled or deprioritized at any time?

. How much data has been used during the current billing cycle?

. What is the zip code?

. Indoors or in & out?

. Any other VZW customers in the same area having the same problem?

. Approx distance from your location to nearest cell tower?

. Topography..flat & open, hilly...lots of trees and tall buildings?

. Is the cellular device fully updated?

. Any recent changes to installed apps?

0 Likes
Mex2viva
Enthusiast - Level 2

In order:

I'm in a plan that can be throttled. I'm nowhere close to the limit.

I have 18GB out of 27GB left this month

My zip is 23314. This happens there, at work (23709), church (23323) and everywhere in between

Indoors and outdoors

All my Verizon devices are experiencing the same

Not sure how close I am to a tower, but I've lived in the same place for five years and never had an issue before

Flat topography. Near sea level

It is fully updated

No recent changes to apps.

Rick [removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern. We always want you to have the best service. Have you been able to do any troubleshooting? What kind of phone do you have? Are all services affected, or is it only data? Does this happen at all times? Is it random? You can check our troubleshooting assistant at, VZW.com.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Mex2viva
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've completed the troubleshooting guide. It is across devices, not just mine. The issue is data. Speedtest says I haven't had download speeds of over 4Mbps in at least a week. At my current location, it has been consistently over 35Mbps.

Rick [removed]

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mex2viva

Thank you for this heads up. You mentioned that this problem happens in the zip code area of 23314, 23709, and 23323. When this issue affects your device in multiple places, it's an indication that this a device issue. Did you recently update the software on your phone or download a new application to it? Have you updated the software for the applications that you've downloaded to your phone? Third party applications can affect the performance of your phone. 

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BONES_73

I have also had very bad service compared to a couple of years ago and it seems to be getting worse. My sip code is 84045 and I have the unlimited data plan. Is there any plans on making up for the lost of speed?

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which Unlimited Data plan has been selected. One allows for throttling at any time regardless of the amount of data consumed during the billing cycle.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want any of our customers to experience bad service BONES_73. I'm sorry you're having this issue but we are here to investigate and resolve this for you. I was unable to locate any area wide issues in your are zip code. The type of plan you have will determine your speeds throughout the bill cycle. Do you have any issues with calls or text? Anyone else on your account also having issues? 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LAWLIN43
Enthusiast - Level 2

Greetings from long-time customer.. I have had many many many phones over the years.. But I've just bought my first tablet and for whatever reason.. The data line on this tablet is so slow.. no idea why.. It's been looked at by Verizon people naturally.. In doors and Out doors.. Different towns and states.. As one would expect.. Wifi is works great.. Really around wifi.. I Use the tablet for work.. I Spent about 4 hours a day on the tablet.. Most of that time I Wait... Love the tablet.. On a unlimited plan.. We asked for fast and unlimited..So we have total.. Two tablets and two phones.. All four are new.. The two tablets for work are very slow.. The phones not so much.. But have little issues of there own.. Dropping calls or the person on the other end can not hear you mid call.. Not all the time.. Just enough to drive you crazy.. Just not sure what to do..

0 Likes