Very slow 4G data in area code 76645 in Texas
rosmuck3

We are currently staying in Hillsboro, Texas (zip code 76645) and are experiencing very slow data speeds even while being at full bars with LTE. This is occuring on both our iPhones and Jetpacks both indoors and outdoors. 

A typical data speeed is...

0.10 Mbps download and 2.19 Mbps upload and this is obviously very slow.  During calls to Verizon, we were first told it was because our data was being slowed due to hitting data limits but we were no where near the data limits on our JetPacks.  Another Verizon employee told us that this wasn't the case.  Another Tier 2 employee said it was because we are just in a bad area for data and there is nothing they can do about it.

The weird anomaly is that the speeds improve dramatically almost like clockwork at around midnight.  On March 17, we experienced data speeds of 8.42 Mbps download/7.95 Mbps upload.

If the data area is just bad, then why are we able to experience appropriate speeds at a different time of the day?

I feel like we are getting the run around and getting different stories for the reason for the slowness.

0 Likes
Re: Very slow 4G data in area code 76645 in Texas
rosmuck3

I forgot to mention that we have Beyond Unlimited on our 2 iphones and the "Unlimited" plan on our 2 Jetpacks. 

0 Likes
rosmuck3

I received a private message about this issue on Tuesday and provided some extra information as requested but no one has replied since then. 😞

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you have not received an update regarding your concerns, rosmuck3. You mentioned you completed troubleshooting with our Technical Support Team and they advised the area is an area where you may experience inconsistencies with your service. We do offer a network extender to assist with your signal while indoors.  You can learn more about the network extender here, http://spr.ly/6604EZIBr.

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes