Very poor LTE speeds in downtown Minneapolis, MN
markusmn
Enthusiast - Level 2

My LTE speeds on my iPhone are almost worthless and this has been an issue for far too long now.  What is being done to correct this?

Also, my iPad speeds are extremely fast with the device sitting right next to my iPhone.  Why are the speeds so much different?

Labels (1)
Re: Very poor LTE speeds in downtown Minneapolis, MN
Not applicable

What type of iPhone? is it a 4,4S they are 3G devices. What is the ipad? 1st.Generation, The newer iPad With Retina Display? The iPad 2? is the iPad also cellular ? or just wifi?

Good Luck

markusmn
Enthusiast - Level 2

The iPhone is a brand new 5S 32 GB and the iPad is a new iPad Mini with Retina display.  Both are LTE devices.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Wow that is crazy. I have two of these each (One is a Mini with retina display)

Although at home on WiFi mostly they are both fast. I connect at the higher 5 GHz on my router.

When out both are pretty fast as well. So it may just be a tower issue.

The new Apple ipads and phones have better radios in them, so you should not be having any issue.

Good Luck

B33
Legend

Them apples do have some nice displays For Sure..seen my cousin's wow.

Posting Via Droid Maxx b33

markusmn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your replies.  The speed difference is like 46 MBS on the iPad min vs. 1 MBS on the iPhone.

I am hoping that VZW can shed some light on this for me.

B33
Legend

Mark is this at home or at work you're seeing these slow speeds..

0 Likes
markusmn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Things are good everywhere but downtown Minneapolis.  It's a known problem down here, but I can't figure out whey the iPad is so much different than the iPhone. 

This is only while at work.  Outside of this area, things are good.  It must have something to do with the cellular signal on the phone.  They both have similar processors I believe.

It's almost like they have fixed part of the problem, but not the whole problem.

B33
Legend

Well Part of it may Lye in how many people there are in the Down Town area at once, It's like when our state Fair is going on in our Town we have a Good number of people living here to start the Towers that's in the City can handle the Load, but when the Fair starts up and the people flow in & that Load changes Slowly but frequent.. Just as Test you might try this find a Safe area at night in the Downtown area, See if there is a difference in the speeds at night from during the Day..

As for the Difference's in the iPhone and the iPad they should use close the same workings inside, On my Droid Maxx it has same workings in it as the Moto X, the Droid Ultra and the Mini..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello markusmn,

We want you to enjoy the blazin' fast 4G LTE speeds on both your iPhone and your iPad. We're eager to partner with you and make this expectation a reality for you. Let's start with what zip code are you in? Also, what iOS and carrier version do you have on both the iPad and the iPhone 5s? Can I assume that there isn't any physical or liquid damage on the device? If not then try this step first, http://vz.to/O7ufTj, and retest. Let me know the results.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport