Re: Very poor LTE speeds in downtown Minneapolis, MN
markusmn
Enthusiast - Level 2

The zip code is 55402.

The IOS version is 7.1 (11D167) on both devices.

The carrier version is 16.0 on both devices.

There is no damage to either device. The iPad is about 2 months old and the iPhone is about two weeks old.

I tried the step you have outlined, but I will not know the results until Monday.

This is a known issue that doesn’t only impact my iPhone, but anyone with LTE telephones in the downtown Minneapolis area.

Even your store acknowledges the problem and it is supposedly due to taking on Target as a new client (not so new anymore).

My phone is just fine outside of the downtown Minneapolis area.

It is time to remedy this issue. It has been going on for far too long now. Please address.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

0 Likes
bdubb2014

I am a Verizon customer and on the whole the LTE coverage has been great, but I am in downtown Minneapolis as well and my LTE coverage is non existent above the skyway level. There are several other iPhone users in my office and all have the same connectivity problems.

Oh yeah. My office happens to be in the Campbell Mithun tower. Who is Campbell Mithun tower named after? Verizon's former agency of record. So as I understand it.... The company that makes the ads that say that 4g lte coverage is available in downtown minneapolis don't themselves have 4g coverage.

0 Likes
Rythmium

I also live in Minneapolis and LTE here is just a joke now. I rarely get above 1.5Mbps download and 1Mbps upload speed, even with full bars (-60dB) in the entire city of Minneapolis. I'm on an iPhone 5, so it can't access the AWS spectrum for the 20x2 LTE network, but I should still be getting at least 5Mbps on the old 10x2 network. Verizon, please get your act together. 1.5Mbps is acceptable for 3G (maybe) but it's unacceptable to advertise a fourth-generation network that gets speeds straight out of 2008.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Rythmium,

Let's get to the bottom of this! I want you to enjoy the fastest speeds available in your area. What's your zip code? Try this http://vz.to/1s8a1vu and retest. Keep us posted if the issues persist.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
makun

I've also had issues getting signals inside buildings on the University of Minnesota Campus.  It's a huge pain since I can't even make calls inside the building.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand your concerns regarding indoor service makun! We make every effort to provide the best service and signal everywhere; however, structural interference can make indoor service very challenging and we are unable to guarantee indoor service this reason, and other factors outside of our control. How is your service while outdoors? How far (miles) do you have to move from campus to get a stable signal/service? What is your phone model and software version? We'll explore options to improve your service.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
makun

The service outdoors can vary quite a lot as well.  At some places I can't get any cellular data around the campus.  The phone is an iphone 6 with ios 8.1.  The weird thing is that indoor signals were just fine in spring of 2014, but this fall it's gotten much worse.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details makun. That definitely makes sense. Due to the change in season, foliage can interfere with line of sight, which affects with service. Do you have problems with voice? Are you not able to get data connections everywhere in campus? Is it at a time where there's many students around the specific area you're in at the moment you notice this?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
LordMarl

I too live in downtown Minneapolis and I am getting poor LTE and Voice reception. I live at Washington and 7th, 55401. By poor, I mean, I can't use either reliably.

AT&T and TMobile are fine however in the same locations.

Looking at the Tower Map, there just aren't any towers nearby and I am hearing rumors that the poor reception downtown Minneapolis has to do with the Stadium being built (down tower?).

My phone: LG G3

Are there any plans to add new towers in the vicinity in the interim?

Many thanks.

0 Likes