Verizon Wireless deploying FDD-LTE?
U16Takagawa

I just want to know about the infrastructure of Verizon 4G LTE.

Two LTE technologies, FDD-LTE and TDD-LTE are coexisting in the world.

China, India, Russia and Korea to deploy TDD-LTE and Japanese mobile giant docomo started FDD-LTE service from last December.

Which one in Verizon 4G LTE ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Wireless deploying FDD-LTE?
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

Ok so you wanted the ENGINEERING answer of Alcatel-Lucent & Ericsson in markets answer (the 2 engineering companies & SUPPLIERS to VZW's LTE network in the US):

VZW LTE network in the US is LTE-FDD.

TDD is being used in Asia because it's cheaper to deploy and more flexible.

Anyways the two are SO CLOSE that in the future the only difference is a worldmode LTE modem. Inser the 4G VZW US SIM card and you can roam all you want. I'm not a business person so I'll let those people work out the business specifics.

VZW has *SUPERIOR* frequency band of 700MHz for in-building propagation, etc.

The Japanese DoCoMo deployment is similar to VZW's in the US.

Continuous spectrum is *EXTREMELY* expensive, see how VZW spent $5 billion USD to buy spectrum and another $5-10 Billion in the running right now to deploy it!?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless deploying FDD-LTE?
willzzz99
Contributor - Level 3

Ok so you wanted the ENGINEERING answer of Alcatel-Lucent & Ericsson in markets answer (the 2 engineering companies & SUPPLIERS to VZW's LTE network in the US):

VZW LTE network in the US is LTE-FDD.

TDD is being used in Asia because it's cheaper to deploy and more flexible.

Anyways the two are SO CLOSE that in the future the only difference is a worldmode LTE modem. Inser the 4G VZW US SIM card and you can roam all you want. I'm not a business person so I'll let those people work out the business specifics.

VZW has *SUPERIOR* frequency band of 700MHz for in-building propagation, etc.

The Japanese DoCoMo deployment is similar to VZW's in the US.

Continuous spectrum is *EXTREMELY* expensive, see how VZW spent $5 billion USD to buy spectrum and another $5-10 Billion in the running right now to deploy it!?

0 Likes