Re: Verizon 4G LTE 700 MHz Interference at Mexican Border San Diego
5JA
Enthusiast - Level 1

AJ80's comment above sums it up perfectly. That comment was posted EIGHT WEEKS AGO and nothing has changed. I have been unable to make or receive phone calls at either my house OR workplace since August 18. That is 113 days that I am paying for cell service that does not work...at all. I understand that there are many more people in San Diego or El Paso who have diminished service, but I'm not sure if anyone else has had complete elimination of all service since the launch of Altan Redes. On November 12, I was told that the issue would be resolved in 3 to 4 weeks, but nothing has changed and it has now been 4 weeks. The extender did not solve the issue. What is Verizon doing for their customers who are paying for a service they are simply not receiving? 

0 Likes
lfrussell

In checking up on some things, I found information indicating that Verizon offers 4G LTE on three different bands. One band rides on the 700MHz spectrum that is being affected. Two other bands ride on 850MHz and 1700MHz-2100MHz.

Are these other frequencies options for Verizon customers affected by Altan? What, if any, restrictions would there be on devices (i.e., would older devices not be able to handle these frequencies)?

0 Likes
fredtheocelot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you resolved this issue? Still having difficulty making and receiving calls. You said the Network team was working on a fix have they found one?

We do want to let you know that Altan, a wireless operator in Mexico, recently launched service along the border using the same spectrum band as Verizon. This is causing interference for some of our wireless customers -especially those closest to the US/Mexico border. This may impact Voice, SMS/MMS, and Data services. Our Network team is aware of the concern and is working on a fix to resolve this matter.

0 Likes
adamgleiss

This is still a problem a year later at my home (92102). Wifi calling is fine at home but what about in the neighborhood or commuting? I've been told it has to do with the new Mexican carrier but their service is basically unusable to me since August of last year. 

I would advise anyone reading this thread to switch carriers.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes