VZW Home Fusion
forpetessake
Enthusiast - Level 1

I asked the Verizon (Third party contracted installer) to install my router that is connected to the Cantenna in my second story of my house where my desktop is located. The installer failed to do so and installed it in the basement which was at his best convenience. I complained to Verizon Homefusion support to get another installer out and they were very reluctant to do so.

Verizon Rep did offer an alternative and sent me a Belkin N150 mini wireless USB adapter. I installed the driver on my Windows XP desktop. It is able to locate and see the network but it will not connect. I continue to get the message "Validating Identity" and in the corner where my network icon is shows message along the lines of "Can not authenticate certificates." FYI It never asks me for the network key/password!

I talked with Verizon Home fusion and stumped them. My next step is to push for an engineer. Thus far I am not satisfied with my $240.00 purchase.

I am a network technician for a similar company to Verizon. I am no average Joe that doesn't know squat. I believe this Verizon router config is my issue. Please comment with any suggestions.

(Note: This is on a farm in a remote area and there are no devices interfering with the connection as far as bluetooth, game console, microwave etc.).

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
Re: VZW Home Fusion
Not applicable

I think the issue is you're using XP. And I'm not being sarcastic when I say that. Also Belkins are junk. God only knows what they'll do to Linksys now that they bought them. i will also say it's going to be hard ot get a wireless signal from a basement to a 2nd story no matter what.

0 Likes
forpetessake
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree Belkin has became a garbage vendor over the past 8 years. My point is Windows XP is supported thus Verizon should either get this working or dispatch another install technician.

0 Likes
Not applicable

There can be degrees of support. XP is a dying OS. How much time and effort is Verizon going to put into "supporting" it? Regardless I think the main issue is the signal having to travel through 2 floors. No chance you could run some ethernet from the basement to the 2nd floor? Since it was your router I would have taken back upstairs to the 2nd floor and demand he install it there. The basement is the dumbest place to install it.

0 Likes
mymy0513
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have your Home Fusion Tech install the Router on the first floor. You would easily enjoy home fusion collectively on the second floor. It has have a 100 foot range depending on the structure... 

0 Likes