Unlimited Data... Seriously Verizon?
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

Ok... AT&T now even offers unlimited data along with Sprint and T-Mobile. Verizon if your 'network' is as superior as you say it is - then why is this such a difficult task to accomplish? I'm not under contract anymore and been so displeased with your service Verizon I think it's time to try something new.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unlimited Data... Seriously Verizon?
Tidbits
Legend

AT&T only offers it IF you are a TV customer of theirs and they de-prioritize you at 22GB to 128KBps or slower. Verizon can't throttle for any reason due to block C rules. Sprint and T-Mobile also do the same around the same GB. Also it's not available in all states and if you don't qualify you'll be put on a 10GB plan. People should really read the terms and conditions.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

JohnnyDoe wrote:

Ok... AT&T now even offers unlimited data along with Sprint and T-Mobile.

Do you mean AT&T's limited time offer for people who ALSO have AT&T U-Verse/DirectTV which has unlimited data for $100 for the 1st line??? People are complaining about Verizon's price increase of current unlimited data customers from $30 to $50. I am sure another 100% price increase would go over great!!!!

AT&T revives the unlimited data plan, with a catch - CNET

Tidbits
Legend

AT&T only offers it IF you are a TV customer of theirs and they de-prioritize you at 22GB to 128KBps or slower. Verizon can't throttle for any reason due to block C rules. Sprint and T-Mobile also do the same around the same GB. Also it's not available in all states and if you don't qualify you'll be put on a 10GB plan. People should really read the terms and conditions.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JohnnyDoe,

We know having the best plan for your usage is vital. We would be heartbroken if you decided to leave Verizon Wireless. My apologies, we no longer offer unlimited data. Our Verizon Plans http://vz.to/1P6c1xP are an awesome value for any usage, we can review your account for savings and the best plan. I have sent you a Direct Message, please respond to the message.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

True, but I have been a DirecTV customer for over 10 years and they offer significant savings for me to switch and nonetheless have endless streaming of their service.

Tell me... If the average data user in the US only uses 2-3 GBS per month, why is unlimited data such a fear for Verizon?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

JohnnyDoe wrote:

Tell me... If the average data user in the US only uses 2-3 GBS per month, why is unlimited data such a fear for Verizon?

Not sure why this is so hard to understand. It would not benefit the "average data user" to get unlimited data. It would only benefit the "above average user" to get unlimited data.

For example, I have 4 lines with 15 GB of shared data for $100, which comes to $78 after my employer discount. That is an average of 3.75 GB of data/line which is ABOVE the average data use. We don't come close to using that much data. Have NEVER had an overage at that allowance.

IF I were to switch BACK to unlimited data(if it were still available at the OLD price) that would be a monthly cost of $120($113.40 after my employer discount on the 1 eligible line) for data vs the $78 I am CURRENTLY paying for data. UNFORTUNATELY Verizon increased their UDP price to $50/line which would then INCREASE my monthly data cost to $200($189 after discount). Explain to me WHY I would even consider switching to unlimited data.

ONLY people who use MUCH more data than the average would benefit from switching to an unlimited data plan. THEREFORE the AVERAGE data user does not really factor into this equation UNLESS some of those "average data users" prefer to overpay for their monthly data cost.Smiley Happy

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi JohnnyDoe,

Receiving the best value for your data usage is important. I’d like to get some additional information so I can help customize a solution for you. How much data are you using monthly? Are you going over your data? When using your home Wi-fi in combination with your wireless services, helps keep your cellular data usage low and available when outside your home.  Please repsond to the direct message I sent.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just because you have dish doesn't mean you qualify. I have dish and I don't qualify. It is only available in some markets and just so happen the market I am in doesn't. If you read their fine print it tells you if you don't qualify they will give you 10GB and you pay $15 pee GB over. The very least AT&T can do is clarify which markets. Soon enough we'll hear about bit and switch tactics because of it.

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

You do present a good point on cost which I absolutely agree - but traveling a lot and paying for an iPad connection and phone data would surely be nice to have unlimited data (which AT&T's does NOT allow tethering).

My point is if years ago we used phones as we do now, I feel that many people would not have opted out of their unlimited data contracts. I know I wouldn't have because of travel and usefulness. Yes, plans are cheaper now but competition has done that and will continue to drive pricing down. Who knows, AT&T may be onto something with their crazy bundling idea to get unlimited data. Sprint and T-Mobile offer it also, but heaven forbid you live outside the city anywhere.

0 Likes
JohnnyDoe
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits - if you don't mind me asking what market do you live? I called on the offer and as long as I was simply a DirecTV subscriber they didn't care where I lived just told me to double check the map coverage area for wireless coverage. Just curious if you are a U-Verse subscriber or DirecTV.

0 Likes