Two or three bars, no data -- regular occurence, each and every day
PANZNER007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I commute on the train each day and always experience this (which is separate from the problems I have passing through Greenwich and 125th Street in the Bronx, when the number of bars goes to either zero or one). What a joke. The best service -- no, I think not.

0 Likes
Re: Two or three bars, no data -- regular occurence, each and every day
PANZNER007
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon spent more money on their infrastructure and less on the army of lawyers they employ to draw up their contractual agrements and their terms of service, the company might actually have a service that comes close to the puffery of their marketing messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have great service when you need it most. Are you having no data on your entire commute? Is the train above ground or underground? Is this happening in the same location each time?

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes
ripnpat

Just to put it out there.  We are paying for data that most of us don't use because as you stated it does not always work.  This is a charge that we are not allowed to cancel.  Can someone tell me if they have canceled data on their plan??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you get all the data you need each month. We would need to speak to you privately so we can look at your account. In which zip are you located and is this happening indoors or outdoors?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
PANZNER007
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is happening above ground. Literally half the journey on Metro North from Fairfield to NYC has two bars or less.

Making matters worse, even when you have two bars (or more), web pages and other data-related services don't work. This is shambolic.

The real problem, sadly, is that Verizon is part of a legalized oligopily where the service that competitors like AT&T and T-Mobile provide is even worse, so then they can say that they are the best?!?!?

FWIW, literally at least half my journey this morning I did not have enough signal strength to open a web page, even though my phone showed as much as three bars throughout that period.

Again, I beg you: please reduce some of the bloat in your corporate legal department and deploy those resources to helping customers get the service you promise, but regularly fail to deliver.

0 Likes