Tower congestion issue slow speeds
TheWick
Enthusiast - Level 3

How can I report a potential issues in a certain area? I am getting decent download speeds but uploads are so bad you cant load any webpage or apps. Calls are spotty as well.

0 Likes
Re: Tower congestion issue slow speeds
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have definitely come to the right place for help with your data speeds. Your upload speeds would not affect your ability to load web pages, or to open and view apps. Uploading is used any time you post, or share a photo, video, or any other media, or files online. This means we would need to troubleshoot your device, or review your account to get down to the bottom of what's causing the issue. Have you tried any troubleshooting on your own since the issue started, and if so what have you tried so far? A few things I would suggest, would be to try powering the phone down, and removing the SIM Card. After about 30  seconds place the SIM Card back in the phone and power it back on. You can also try resetting the network setting on the device as well.  AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
TheWick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Uh well if your packet cant be sent to the server because the upload is essentially non existent then the server wont know what to send back. So yes upload can impact how websites load. Also, this is not just impacting my phone. This is impacting multiple users in the area as well as an cradle point that is essentially rendered useless at this point. I was on chat and they had me do this pointless task as well and all it did was cause me to have to re add all of my bluetooth devices as well all of my wireless networks. So again I ask how do I get a tech dispatched to an area to check on the towers? Not a blanket blame it on my device reply.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure these service issues are addressed, TheWick. Could you please provide us with your ZIP Code? When did you start experiencing these problems? DavidR_VZW

TheWick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi thank you for the response.  This has been happening since at least January that I am aware of and it is happening in zipcode 28214 near 3830 Parrott Drive Charlotte, NC 28214. This is not an home address and is near a bunch of businesses. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the details that you've shared so far, TheWick. Looking at the area, as you mentioned, it is covered by a lot of businesses and looking at our coverage map, things should be working well in that area for you. May I ask, did anything change that you are aware of in January? New construction, changes to buildings around you, etc? Also, what speeds are you seeing? It's important that we know what speeds you are seeing so that we can properly troubleshoot. If you aren't sure, please run a speed test at www.speedtest.net and share your results.

ErinW_VZW

TheWick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, nothing has changed that I am aware of. There are several towers in the area and it only seems to be the one that is tanking when connected to it. 

Example 1.)

1.27Mbps down and 0.04Mbps upload

97.3% packet loss

Example 2.)

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5998779480

Example 3.)

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5998439740

Example 4.)

Check out my Speedtest result! How fast is your internet? https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5823701066

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate the insights. Did you recently update your device software or download a new application? Do you know if other Verizon users are experiencing the same issue in the area?

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
TheWick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, my phone updates frequently and works just fine when not on this particular tower. Why cant you just look into the actual issue instead of blaming my device? Like I said in my previous posts. This impacts my phone, and hundreds of other users phones as well as cradlepoint with verizon sim cards. So again I ask. How do we get a ticket in to have a tech dispatched to the area to check the towers? Do I need to have all 100+ individuals call, email and post for someone to take this seriously? Do I need to post speed test from all other locations where service is just fine?

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for almost 20 years now and know what to expect out of my service. This area is not normal and something has to be going on with one of the towers. 

Zayo02sz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Dealing with the same issue and havent gotten anything done about after over a month now of 1.03 down .07 up....thank god I screenshot and recorded every conversation.