Re: Thunderbolt Reboot Issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
There is several threads discussing the same issue in the Thunderbolt forum.

This link go to to an interesting post.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/ThunderBolt-by-HTC/Rebooting-after-update/m-p/550878#M4839

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

shawnshine, 

Thanks for all of your suggestions. We do recognize that there is an issue causing multiple Thunderbolts to constantly reboot. Our product team is working with HTC to determine the root cause, repair and test this issue. As soon as we have a permanent fix available, we will communicate that to all of our customers and push a new software update to the devices. 

Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience for this issue. 

0 Likes
Tacheon

I live in Portland, OR. No 4G yet. I got my Thunderbolt in April. I have had this problem for awhile. I know Ive done an update but dont know when. When I check my phone it dosent show any info (all blank fields) in update status. Heck, I can even use the My Verizon App on my phone.  When I contacted Verizon A few days ago they said they hadent heard of this problem. Maybe a cluless tech. Not so worried about 4G as I am with my phone auto rebooting 2-3 times a day.

0 Likes
Chubby22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't had a re-boot since doing the MR2 radio update. Matter of fact, my battery life has improved significantly as well....

0 Likes
Synycalwon
Contributor - Level 1

I too have not had one single reboot since flashing the leaked MR2 RUU (non-rooted) June 10. This includes last week while driving from Alabama to Colorado and back. Also got to experience 4G LTE the entire time in Denver without any issue or difference in battery drain (used the extended battery the entire time, charged every other day). Last I heard, there may be an OTA update June 30. Some say it is MR2 or MR2.5 or even includes Gingerbread. Who knows what or when. Here's to hoping it will bring stability to the Thunderbolt. It really is an awesome phone! :smileytongue:

0 Likes
shawnshine
Enthusiast - Level 3

Which brings up the question (at least for me) that if this leaked update has been out for a couple weeks now and user's are giving it the thumbs up, why has Verizon not released it as an optional download for those with reboot / battery  issues? 

0 Likes
shawnshine
Enthusiast - Level 3

At this very moment, 6:43pm cdt., I am downloading the new software release.  It is taking a while to download. Will update as soon as I have it done. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

This DL is slow as molassas

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Must be pretty big then, huh?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
shawnshine
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just finished installing and rebooting. Took about 30-35 minutes total.  Already I see some cosmetic changes. Now it's time to start playing around to see what it does. Smiley Happy

0 Likes