Throttling while hotspot in use
Joey5546

Alright so basically i currently have the data plan that provides 22gb of 4G LTE and 15GB of hotspot. Currently surpassed the 22 gb of LTE but not the 15GB for hotspot.

As soon as i enable the hotspot i get throttled to below 1mbps (average of 30 kbps) both on my phone and on my devices im usingthe hotspot with. Am i missing the fact that 22GB counts towards the 15GB of hotspot throttle or no? Also as soon as i turn it off i get my speeds of around 10mbps with only 4gLTE 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Throttling while hotspot in use
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JasperM_VZW That is a great question, Joey5546. With regard to your hotspot service you are provided 15GB of 4G speeds while connected to your hotspot, but if you are over your 22GB allowance your speeds are also impacted for use which can cause slower connection when using your hotspot. What you can do is complete a network reset on your device which can help with your speeds. Please try this step and share your results with me here. 

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

After the 22 GB, you will be deprioritized including the hotspot data usage. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Joey5546

Why am i not de-prioritised as soon as i turn off the hotspot tho? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would guess the hotspot is deprioritized even behind the regular smartphone data. The time of day and location might make a difference too. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JasperM_VZW That is a great question, Joey5546. With regard to your hotspot service you are provided 15GB of 4G speeds while connected to your hotspot, but if you are over your 22GB allowance your speeds are also impacted for use which can cause slower connection when using your hotspot. What you can do is complete a network reset on your device which can help with your speeds. Please try this step and share your results with me here. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority that we clarify all your concerns regarding your data speeds and data allowance through your plan. Since you've already used 22 GB of mobile data during the current billing cycle, your mobile hotspot data speeds are automatically reduced until the beginning of the next billing cycle. Once your mobile hotspot is disabled, you will only be using mobile data on your actual device. Your data speeds on your actual smartphone will only be reduced during periods of network congestion.
We also want to make sure that you have the plan that fits your needs. The following link will provide you with more information about our available plans. https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Joey5546

It seems resetting the network setting fixed it! Thank you so much Jasper!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joey5546, 

We're relieved to hear that resetting the network settings on your device fixed the issue. Do you have any other questions or concerns that we can address for you, today? Device support is just a click away if you need it here: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/phones-and-devices/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes