Re: Throttling 4G LTE
mama23dogs
Legend

I Hope you are correct.  According to the Net neutrality paper published recently 40% of Americans have no other access to Internet other than cellular.   Statistics may be as unreliable as Mark Twain always joked about, but if even half of that is really the case, that is a huge amount of Americans.

I Hope your information is correct and the future brings broadband nationwide, without so many areas not covered.  I live in a well covered area and can't imagine anything else.

WHile wire service may become obsolete, it is currently so much cheaper than wireless.

WHat I want to know, is which stock to buy now.  I didn't buy Apple, Dell or Amazon when they were new - phooey!      

0 Likes
bschweit

Can anyone that was experiencing poor upload speeds please test again.  My upload speed as of today was 10 Mbps, which is more typical for what I was getting before the slow down.

0 Likes
SteveHane
Enthusiast - Level 2

My upload speed looks back to normal. Speed test reads 10mbps, but as a

practical test I got 1.5mps on an uploads of a 100+ mb file. On Sunday I

know I was stuck at 20kbps, so a seriously shocking difference. Something

must have been wrong and got fixed. Amazing.

Here's my speed test link:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4613063023

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 10:27 AM, bschweit <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Sang2016
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine was only 7.7GB and the throttle begins for the last 5 days of my cycle.  I've called VZ but they denied it completely saying we don't throttle.  Magically happens that today is my 1st day of the new cycle and the speeds is back to normal, if this is not throttling, then what is it?  A big coincident?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IF you are on Postpaid Verizon service, Verizon doesn't because it can't.   Not for any customers, ever.  

DO you have limits set on your phone ?

0 Likes