The signal in my area 20723, Laurel MD is lucky to get 1X and not just in the home. Network team consider the area.
strida1

Laurel, MD 20723 has a very weak signal if any at all. I would really like to see VZW Network team to consider the area. It's the entire area and not just in the home. Laurel is where one of Verizon's main facilities is located and should be a great surrounding area to set a good example. The coverage map is not accurate. It shows service, but it really isn't covered. I know, because I live there. Verizon, please consider expanding your great service in this area. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The signal in my area 20723, Laurel MD is lucky to get 1X and not just in the home. Network team consider the area.
klee4

I am facing the same exact problem.  I just moved to Laurel 20723 and the wireless signal is horrible.  I have been satisfied with Verizon up until now but will be forced to switch to another carrier once my wife's contract is over in December.  What is the point if Verizon has the best network but I can't get service in my own home and surrounding neighborhood?

0 Likes
Re: The signal in my area 20723, Laurel MD is lucky to get 1X and not just in the home. Network team consider the area.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Klee4 - We would be lost without you! When did this start happening? How far do you travel before the service improves? Is this affecting voice and data connections?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
klee4

This didn't start happening, it has always been the case in this area.  My neighbors and friends, that are also VZW customers, who have lived here longer have confirmed this as well.  A Verizon Fios technicnan come to do repairs and could not get his 4G LTE tablet to access data to run diagnostics from my property.  He had to drive down the street to get some minimal connectivity and sit there for 30 minutes to access the diagnostics screens.  Inside my house, my voice signal ranges from roaming - 2 bars and no data (1x if I'm lucky).  I am plagued with drooped calls, missed calls and missed SMS texts, which forced me to get home phone line.  My wife has a work AT&T blackberry and it has good signal strength.  Friends with Sprint and T-Mobile who come over experience same weak signals.  Looks like AT&T is the clear winner in this area.  Once my wife's contract is up, we will be switching.  Hate to leave VZW but have no choice.

0 Likes