Sudden decrease of service for my Husband and I
abstimax
Enthusiast - Level 1

We live in the 81328 zip code with frequent travel to 81321 and 81301. We have lived here for years with good service. In the last few months our service all across this area but particularly the area we live in has decreased significantly.

used to be able to drive to work with no dropped calls and minimal problems. Now it will drop 4-5 times on my commute in places that maybe weren't LTE but at least could keep connected. This is unacceptable for us and we are unwilling to continue service with verizon when our friends don't have these problems with other carriers. 

Traditionally Verizon had the best coverage, but I'm starting to think that isn't true anymore. The end of my contract with them is soon and I'm starting to think I'll take it as an opportunity to switch. It's a shame since I've been loyal to Verizon for over a decade now, but one way to lose customers fast is bad service. What is happening?

Re: Sudden decrease of service for my Husband and I
bearone21
Legend

same phones, old phones, new phones...you choose to live in a remote part of colorado.

0 Likes
abstimax
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I know it's remote but that does not explain a relatively fast change over a month or two. Why would it have been totally fine then not anymore? We didn't get any more rural, quite the opposite actually. We both have had the same phones for about a year or so. I got a new phone very recently but it isn't any better with service than my previous one. 

vicara
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do not live in a remote part of Colorado, I live in Las Vegas Nevada. And all of a sudden about eight months agoI get no mobile data at my house.Neither my husbands phone My phone or my galaxy tab. If I didn't have Wi-Fi I wouldn't be able to get on the Internet at all. Now previously Up until about Last November or December I could use my mobile data.I am paying for an unlimited mobile data I have gotten a new Sim cards In both phones. I have Reset both phones I have been on the phone with tech support multiple times.It's so bad now I have home security systemThat uses my phone to turn on and off my alarms.And use my camera for the front door.I cannot even Turn on and off my alarm Because I have no data.I have to be in my house on my Wi-Fi To use it So not only am I paying for useless unlimited data for my Verizon and For my security system But I can't use Unless I am 3 miles from my house Or in my house. Therefore I know it is not a phone issueIt isVerizon'sNetwork problem.I also have a cell tower not a mile from my house. zip code 89131 no verizon data.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

abstimax, I want to ensure your service concerns get addressed. I have gone ahead and sent you a Private Note. 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We can understand how alarming it is to see that your service has been having issues for the past eight months. Our goal is to provide you the best services at all times. Being able to use your data when needed is essential. Thank you for letting us know which steps have been taken. The last thing we want is for you to feel this way. We are here to help in any way possible. Are your other services like calls and text messages being impacted? Is this happening mostly indoors or outdoors?

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
jrsb_4225
Enthusiast - Level 1

I could have written this same situation, same area and travel patterns, same location.  Many, many friends are having the exact SAME issues.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that you are having issues with your service. This is definitely not the experience that we want for you to have, and we will be glad to look into the issue to get it corrected. We would like to check the coverage in your area to see if there are any known service issues that could be causing this to happen. May you please verify your full address? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes