Re: Slow data speeds after change to unlimited plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jbaxtr, I am truly sorry to hear that this change seemed to cause such a switch for you. The unlimited plan truly should not be changing that speed when using this amount of data. When this did happen, did we have the opportunity to take a closer look or troubleshoot those speeds?

LorenB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steve_Jep, it certainly sounds like you do a great deal of travel for work. I am saddened to hear that this option has not been what you were expecting. We certainly want these details to be known before making a change. Plan details for the hotspot are view able under number 9 at http://spr.ly/65888gzOj.

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sam1980, experiencing this everyday is truly not what we would hope for. Let's see what is happening. Are you using a cell phone or Jetpack device for this data? Have their been any recent updates to the device? Are others experiencing this slow speed at this location?

LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
Sam1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

These speeds are on my phone and my wife's phone. I have a moto z play and she has a moto z force. Running speed tests at 4 out of 5 bars. Peak and non peak times.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sam1980,

Thank you for that information. Can you run 3 speed tests on each device and post the results so we can see?

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jbaxtr
Enthusiast - Level 3

when our 4G is working the speeds are ok. The problem is that it just

stops, and then we cannot download or run speed tests at all.

On May 6, 2017 10:52 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

Sam1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not sure how to post pics from the phone but I got .88 dwn 1.97 up , .92 dwn 2.01 up , .91 dwn 2.03 up. 4 out of 5 bars. I'm on the tower located in West Odessa,TX 8400 block of w 26th St 79763 if that helps.

ssvairnut
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yours is fast compared to mine. Today my download speed was 0.03 and upload was 0.053 mbps....It's been like that for a couple days They say it's because I exceeded my 10Gig limit on my UNLIMITED PLAN (apparently they can say it's unlimited even though it has limitations- why don't they just say oh, we never lie almost, always ,everyday, sometimes....?) But c'mon this is ridiculous I had faster internet on a 1200 Baud dialup. I was lied to about the entire plan and each time they change things they say 'oh no one ever told you that" ...yeah they did...After over 20 years with Verizon I have pretty much decided enough is enough.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sam1980,

Thank you for that information. What steps have you taken to rectify the speeds? I do not want to ask you to do something that you have already done.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my  response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in  advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Sam1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I've been testing daily for 2 months and it hasn't gotten any better. I've been told there is a ticket for a priority upgrade for our tower since it isn't capable of handling all of the customers that are on it and using the unlimited data plan. It probably should have been done before the launch but Verizon obviously didn't wanna wait to upgrade their towers and wanted to launch it asap since all the other carriers had launched their unlimited plan. Poor planning.