Re: Slow data speeds after change to unlimited plan
Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

Pretty much, 10GB download looks like this. I'll check back this time next year and see how much is left. My 90s internet was literally better than what Verizon offers with their unlimited plan. Lmao

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

melman8r
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the same response at first, you have to get past the "sales force" and speak to someone that understands your issue.  Not easy for sure, I was persistent and not willing to take "its not an option on my computer" answer any longer.  I got my grandfathered unlimited data plan back, they call it the "loyalty" data plan; it is clearly better than the new "unlimited" plan being offered but at times it is slow which I blame on network congestion.  VZW announced changes in the "unlimited" plans last week.  No more HD streaming, they know there is an issue.  Just not admitting it publicly, instead they are doing what all the carriers are doing and offering limits on their "unlimited" plans which are truly limited. 

KSpen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ive been waiting on a call back from corporate escalations for over a

week. I call, left message for call back, nothing. With the FCC throwing

in the towel, passing torch to less effective FTC, and regulations being

tossed out the window, the big carriers will do as they please.

Thanks for not caring about my issue, Verizon. Thanks for not calling me

back.. for not resolving my issue, and having your goons tell me the

problem is my phone (lies!)

Why have a smart phone if you are stuck on a dumbed down network.

You guys suck.

Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm getting a blazing fast download speed of 3KBps. Granted I have used my 10GB of 4g LTE, but 3KBps is just a [Removed] download rate base on any sort of measurement system.

Enjoy a few days of 1-2MBps then suffer 25 days of 0.03MBps with Verizon's new unlimited plan! That should be the next commercial.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

frc45077
Enthusiast - Level 1

It doesn't matter if your on the unlimited plan or pay like I do for 24 gigs. Since Verizon created the unlimited plan for the masses all data is slowed.  My current location 8 years ago I could barley pull 3g speeds. Over the last 8 years my internet as progressively gotten better to the point right before the unlimited plan was I was pulling down almost 10mb which was amazing. Then it all went BOOM!

Congratulations Verizon in giving me the same if not worse service you did 8 years ago. So why stay as a customer? I literally have no choice... Verizon is the only service where I live. I can say the moment another service comes in , Verizon will loose hundreds if not thousands of customers at one time.

Some technical info : Love how the customer service folks on here say lets fix your issue.. blah blah blah stop the nonsense. Its your network period tell these people the truth. No matter how many times you reboot your phone or make your phone pick a cell tower.

Ping www.google.com -t

time out

time out

time out

time out

Download speed 40k upload 1.2 mb  ( That changes to all over the place but one common thing SLOW )

Some days its so bad I literally cant check my email.

Now its funny however 2am in the morning and I'm getting 2mb down ( SOMETIMES )  That's the only way I even come close to getting the data I paid for.

My phone customer service ?  Oh wait I can go to town and do same speed test and pull down over 50mb

My location customer service ? Why have I had progressively good signal for the last 8 years only to go backwards ?

My tower customer service ? Two tickets in and technician sees no issue ?

Me customer service ? My cousin lives  2 miles away with the exact same issue

STOP the [Removed]!

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

s10010001
Enthusiast - Level 1

[Removed]. Verizon Their 2 confirmed my lines were being "de-priortized" basically all the time. This started the day I switched! I went from the "More Everything 10gb" plan getting 40+mbps to UNDER 1mbps with the GoUnlimited plan, I often saw .32mbps download! I can't even stream music on my way to work like I used to all the time. Funny because upload was often 20mbps+.

They switch me back to the cheaper more Everything plan (cheaper because of 25$ per line discounts) It starts tomorrow. We will see how that goes and if my speed returns.

That will hold me over until I can review T-Mobiles offerings. Guys in my Office switch to T-Mobile and have really like its unlimited plan. Sad because I have been a VZW customer for long time.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

EugeneP11
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have unlimited data, but I do have terrible data speed and always have. I've pretty much given up on using my phone for anything requiring data. I just use wifi only for those features. If there was a better data plan in Oregon, I'd leave Verizon in a heartbeat.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EugeneP11, we understand the importance of having reliable service at all times. We would be more than happy to investigate the service issues you are experiencing with your data because we don't want to lose you. What zip code are you in? When did you start experiencing difficulties with your data? Do you know of other Verizon Wireless customers in the area who are also experiencing the same issues? 

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JANSTR15
Enthusiast - Level 1

My speeds slowed to a crawl before we switched to the unlimited plan. We were out and about no WiFi, driving. Neither my husband's or my phone could load anything. We were trying to check Redbox app for a movie, wasn't loading so I tried other apps and even tried pulling up Google search. No dice. They are clearly focusing on quantity ocer quality now. We will have to switch to another company.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JANSTR15, help is here as the last thing we'd want is for you to leave us. I know the importance of having reliable service. Let's work together to get this figured out. When did this begin? What do you experience with the other functions of your phone, i.e. calls and text messages? What's your zip code?

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes