are taking advantage of are without any recourse, other than paying the

extortion (early termination) fee and going elsewhere. Obviously, they do

not want my $400/month. Basically, the lies just trickle down from the

top. You win, Verizon! Congratulations!! Enjoy the slow hemorrhaging of

your 10+ year customers.

Re: Slow data speeds after change to unlimited plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MKITCHE, we surely do not want you to cancel service. It is important for you to have reliable and consistent service. Let's see if your data speed concerns are related to the unlimited plan. How many GB have you used? Please check via My Verizon: http://vz.to/2vhhRXH.

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
melman8r
Enthusiast - Level 3

My plan was switched to the new "unlimited" plan  without my knowledge, authorization or consent when I called to voice my concerns over extremely slow data speeds as of late.  Once I discovered that the VZW CS rep had made the switch, I demanded that my grandfathered unlimited data plan be restored; it took a month to do so and I now have my " loyalty plan" back in place.  The speeds are much much better than the new "unlimited" plan but at times they are not great, it seems to me that network congestion and overcrowding is the issue.  I'm not sure what to do, switch to T-Mobile entirely or stick it out with VZW, when my VZW phone is sloooow, my T-Mobile phone is blazing fast.  But in the end, VZW network  is generally a lot faster in my area than T-Mobile when not busy.  Choices...  I have to decide whether it is worth paying a premium ($150 for one line) on VZW which is no longer the most reliable network in America or make the switch to another carrier for less than half the cost?

Chadi_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fools working at customer service. Total neglect and disregard. Verizon has gone down the drain.

5 phone calls since I upgraded 6 weeks ago.

Every troubleshooting steps done, including replacing iPhone 7 twice

15 years with Verizon

7 years in current location where I used to get 40-50MBps download easily

On phone with tier-2 now, they're stupid and clueless and pretending they don't know about the many complaints.

MKITCHE
Enthusiast - Level 2

These auto-responses are quite infuriating.  Same problems today; multiple devices and accounts.  Data plan is barely use, 1.1gb and none of it doing anything productive... all used running speed tests all over town.

Figured out I could get a genuine unlimited data plan from another provider, hotspot device only since I'm stuck with my verizon contracts.  But if I drop the unlimited data plan I'm a couple bucks ahead with the other provider being my hotspot.  Speed test was 33Mbps where my Verizon Unlimited had 0.01Mbps.  Bought it; will cancel my verizon data plan at the end of the bill cycle.

LORIWELLS6
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just went unlimited today and thought immediately there was something wrong.  I couldn't get pages to load in Facebook or watch something on YouTube without it hanging up.  I thought it was my phone so I restarted it and it still continued to happen.  I work in downtown Sacramento, CA so I shouldn't be having any reception problems.  Did I read I had 14 days to go back to my old plan? I'm not paying more for less service that is for sure.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LORIWELLS6, we want to make sure your service is working as it should.  We are here to provide support.  Customers can switch back to any qualified plan at any time. If it was an older or grandfathered plan then you should have the 14 days.  Do you know what plan you were on?  What zip code are you in?

RalphT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KSpen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unlimited limitations. Welcome to the new Verizon. America's slowest yet

"most reliable" network.

TrTrenck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Go back to your old plan!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
KSpen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Easier said than done. Verizon said that is not an option, then tried to

sell me one of their newer, equally slow plans.