Re: Slow data speeds after change to unlimited plan
az_cactus
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've also been having issues. I switched to the new data plan (not even unlimited, just the 3Gb one!) and my data speeds have dropped to almost nothing. I'm not even close to using all my data for the month BECAUSE I CAN'T! I was thinking of going with a higher GB plan, but assuming these slow speeds continue, it'll just be a waste of money (I live in Tucson, AZ a large city that should NOT be having these data speed issues) my family are on the old pre-paid plans and their data is still fine. Somehow, by switching (I went from the 2Gb plan for $45/month to the 3Gb for $40/month) I got de-prioritized. Honestly, I'd rather go back to the 2Gb plan, even though it was less data, at least I was actually able to use it.

clayjt
Enthusiast - Level 2

According to another rep it's a marginal coverage area which I think is [removed]. It's usually .50 mbps down 1 mbps up. And no I'm not getting a network extender!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

az_cactus, we want to speed things up for you on that device. Which make/model phone do you have? Did you recently download a new application or update the software on your phone?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KSpen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Its occurring on all my devices. No, the problem is not my phone. The

problem is your network, which I have already proven. I have an s7, an s7

edge, 2 iphones. All experiencing same problem since switching to

"unlimited" plan. I am currently in contact with your executive office and

plan on switching providers if I am not completely satisfied in the very

near future.

On Aug 17, 2017 2:26 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is fairly well known that Verizon Wireless is undertaking a network-based upgrade. The new 5G network is being installed and that will replace the current CDMA network.

In another topic, ANN154 notes that Verizon Wireless is repurposing some of its existing network hardware over to 5G. This could result in reduced signal strength and slower data speeds on the existing CDMA network.

0 Likes
KSpen
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thats great but im not on CDMA and not experiencing low signal strength.

Either way, no excuse for poor service considering Verizon charges much

more than their competitors. Try again.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Maybe I should have said 4G as opposed to CDMA. Either way you are still on the old network.

If....and I mean if....this is what is actually happening, then no amount of "Try Again" is going to make any difference.

Verizon Wireless won't likely be augmenting the existing network because it will be closed to new traffic in the not too distant future.

If you feel that you can get a better deal/service with another carrier, then vote with your wallet. But keep in mind that, when other carriers start to upgrade their respective networks, this scenario is likely to be repeated.

0 Likes
KSpen
Enthusiast - Level 3

[Removed].  4G is not going away anytime soon.  Im already in touch

with Verizon Execs and they have invalidated your entire arguement with

both verbal and written statements.  Good day.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

MAIL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me set the record straight Verizon knows very well what the score is - they offered this goofy unlimited data and the only way they could accommodate it is to [Removed] its current users out of our speed to enable them to offer unlimited and put a cap on the download speed ay around 1-2 meg.

White your congress man and notify the better business Bureau. Verizon is charging us full price for 3-4 G LTE and cutting us down to dial up speed. They are doing nothing at all to the towers so don't lety them tell you they are. One of their tech's which isa friend of mine advised me NOTHING IS BEING DONE.

They had to lower our speed so all the [Removed] who are paying for unlimited don't soak up all the bandwidth.

I have copied this page and if it gets deleted I will supply it to the trade commission with all my other documents.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

MKITCHE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Something is seriously wrong; I've verified crazy slow "unlimited 4G LTE" with all my co-workers, inside buildings, outside, multiple locations around town.  It's not my devices (I have 4, 2 iphones and 2 ipads).  Reset everything with Verizon customer service.  No impact on the problem.  Omaha area (tested at far East and West end of town - multiple zip codes).  .5-1Mbps, occasionally 2Mbps.  I think I saw 4Mbps once today; lasted about 10 seconds (back to 1Mbps the next test).  Went to lunch with my co-workers today - 6 of us with verizon tested our speed - the max was 2Mbps.  The 1 guy with "the other vendor" was laughing his head off ... 30-40Mbps with "the other vendor".  I use my devices for work so if they aren't usable I'll be switching extremely shortly and doing what I have to in order to deal with the penalties.