Re: Slow data speeds after change to unlimited plan
Atonal
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've chatted with two customer service reps as it is.  I'm done.  The problem is not on my end with my device or with any lack of knowledge on my part.   It is slower network speeds for unlimited data users.  Nothing changed from the moment I had lightning fast LTE to slow LTE except my plan went from XXL 24gb to unlimited.  My device did not all of a sudden have problems.  LOL

In a couple of years I'll see if Verizon has fixed the situation and has ended throttling and "optimization".

Cindymcclain
Enthusiast - Level 2

And my month ends on the 4th and I've only used 8gb!! I'm sorry but I'm not buying there's nothing wrong in the area!! It was just fine before I went on unlimited!! Heck I could hit 15 gb in 2 weeks!  This is the only source of Internet I have available in my area, besides at&t!  I've been a Verizon customer from day 1 and this is probably the worst it's been!! I'm loyal but it's getting hard especially when I'm getting a reminder that my bill is due in two days and I can't even use the internet!! Because my speeds are ping 118. .28 upload.    .10 download

TheCyndicate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon, you keep useing that word, "unlimited". I do not think you know what it means.

Hell, I couldn't send 9kb text files if I wanted.

Atonal
Enthusiast - Level 2

speedtest on 7/27 before switching to unlimited:

46.12 down, 3.33 up

speedtests after switching to unlimited:

7/29 6.22 down, 1.03 up

7/30 5.94 down, 0.09 up

7/31 7.49 down, 4.80 up

I realize my results seem to be quite a bit better than many other posters on this thread, but you can see the immediate performance degradation that happened on the day that I switched.  The lackluster speed tests show in laggy performance in real world use.

I had the XXL 24gb plan before I switched to unlimited and had no performance issue whatsoever.  Now I can't even switch back because the largest plan is 8 gb.  Very sneaky on VZW's part.

I'm heading to another top tier provider that will pay off all 5 of my family's phones and we will have a much better monthly rate. 

Good luck everyone!

rcschnoor
Legend

Atonal wrote:

I had the XXL 24gb plan before I switched to unlimited and had no performance issue whatsoever. Now I can't even switch back because the largest plan is 8 gb. Very sneaky on VZW's part.

Of course, you mean the largest plan available online without calling CS or stopping by a Verizon store is 8 GB. If you call in to CS or stop by a Verizon store to make the change, you can get a plan larger than the 8 GB. It is likely you can even switch back to your 24 GB plan.

Atonal wrote:

I'm heading to another top tier provider that will pay off all 5 of my family's phones and we will have a much better monthly rate.

Good luck everyone!

Keep in mind when you have another provider pay off your Verizon phones, you must turn them in to the new provider and purchase new phones on their payment plan or up front in full. Of course, this will bring your monthly payment up higher than just the cost of service. Considerably higher if you will be purchasing 5 new phones.

Good luck to you, too. Let us know how it works out with the new provider.

Carlen13
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are getting 5 new towers. 1 on top of Dixie High School hopefully it will help improve our speeds in Downtown St George!!

clayjt
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wife and I having a seriously slow internet problem since switching to new unlimited. Already called once to complain. Any help in 37323?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you can enjoy all the services we provide from calls to texts and even voice services. How long has this been happening in this area? Do you recall making any changes to your devices?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
clayjt
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been going on for about 5 or 6 months. We both have S7s. Used to be on grandfathered unlimited plan and thought we were getting throttled so we switched to new unlimited and now seems worse. And no we're not over our 22gb limit

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clayjt, we feel your need for speed. As we pride ourselves on our network, we always want to ensure that you're enjoying the experience. After reviewing this area, we can confirm that there are no reported outages. Let's investigate this further. Can you tell us what kind of speeds you've been receiving? You're welcome to visit http://bit.ly/2mkahtz to run a speed test for us. Have you noticed a change in the speed at a particular location? Is there any difference indoors vs outdoors?

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes