data just completely freezes up. It can be working fine, then without

warning it just quits downloading. It is not my phone, nor my wife's phone,

because when VZW data stops I switch over to my Dish Network wifi, and

everything works perfectly. For the most part VZW doesn't  seem too

concerned about it, so I just deal with it. For whatever reason the VZW

data service has turned to [Removed], and I am pretty much fed up. It is too

expensive to be so unreliable.

On May 8, 2017 11:42 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Re: Slow data speeds after change to unlimited plan
ryanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Sam1980,

Thank you for the helpful information. I wouldn't be happy if it hasn't gotten any better, especially when it's been 2 months! Let's dive deeper into this. Please check your inbox for my Private Message.

RyanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details, jbaxtr. I know I rely on my data speeds too. I can reassure you that we will get to the bottom of this. Do you see a difference in your service when you are outdoors?

JuanD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbaxtr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi JuanD,

My issues are the same whether inside or out. This has only happened on the

unlimited plan, and after using only a couple of gigs. My unlimited plan

expires in a few days so hopefully this issue will cease. I have not had

the problem on plans with less data.

On May 9, 2017 7:28 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

TERHEM86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello jbaxtr. If you've used 10GB in the current billing cycle, your new "3G speed" is going to be between 10kbps and 250kbps until the start of the next billing cycle. It's pathetic and disgusting to call these speeds "3G speeds". Basically your device is useless/unusable as a hotspot until next month. There's nothing wrong with your computer. You were lied to like the rest of us. Your device makes a great paperweight until the next bill comes in though.

To get what you need to have happen, you will need to go to the FCC and file a complaint.

ols
Enthusiast - Level 1

no your not paying more for less you are being [Removed]!! this unlimited plan is a big ripoff. I was told that i used my limit to the 4g and would be reduced to 3g. 10 g/bits is all you get, and that is throttled. do not go with the unlimited plan. i tried to change but was told that i had to wait til the end of my billing cycle.i will be changing to another carrier. VERIZON IS A RIPOFF!!!!!

inappropriate content  removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

ols
Enthusiast - Level 1

AND YOU WON'T JUST KEEP TRACK OF WHAT YOU USE.

0 Likes
Carlen13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue here in St George, UT 84770 I live near the University and Interstate 15.

I opened a ticket and was told that all 3 towers in downtown St George are 3G towers not 4G. I get less than 1 mb download speeds its insane!!! I have a brand new S8. Feels like I bought a new sports car and I'm condemned to only go 10 miles per hour....I'll probably leave Verizon. For 2017 those speeds are just not acceptable. Makes no sense to me that a city of 88,000+ people with a University, High School, major interstate ( all less than a mile from where I live and work) and host to things like The Ironman, Senior World Games, etc that bring thousands of visitors each yr that Verizon would have the 3 towers covering the downtown area as the slowest most outdated, absolutely unbelievable. Everyone who is experiencing slow data speeds needs to call and complain and open a ticket otherwise nothing is going to change.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Before switching providers, check the fine print of the Unlimited Data plan being offered. Sprint, at&t and Cricket can also slow down data speeds after thresholds have been crossed. I'm not sure about T-Mobile. All will deprioritize when cell towers experience congestion.

Nowadays, seems like the only way to get unthrottled data is to go with a dedicated data plan that has a fixed cap.

0 Likes
ssvairnut
Enthusiast - Level 1

yeah, not what I was told...and yes we found another provider