Re: Slow data speeds after change to unlimited plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jbaxtr, as a mother of 3, I know that we are always connected to data in our home. We'd love to get to the bottom of this. You indicated that you are using about 15GB of data per month. Is that being used via a hot spot?

LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Sam1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. I switched to the unlimited plan and it has been junk. Barely getting 0.90 down. I think they slow it down so we don't use as much data. Might be looking into another carrier that will give us money to switch. Paying over 200 a month for crappy service is not worth it.

jbaxtr
Enthusiast - Level 3

most of my data usage is through Dish Network wifi. We do not use our VZW

as a hotspot because it uses large amounts of data.

On May 4, 2017 8:36 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

jbaxtr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree. Pretty much fed up with it. VZW is kinda becoming more costly than

the service is worth. Definitely exploring other providers.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jbaxtr, thank you for clarifying that data usage. You mentioned that you saw the speeds slow down with the unlimited plan. When that was happening, had there been any change to your normal usage? Any change in the signal on the device?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sam1980, we always want you to have the data that you need. Let's ensure that you are getting the speeds we would expect. How much data has the device used this bill cycle?

LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
jbaxtr
Enthusiast - Level 3

There have been no changes, apart from the fact my data speeds developed

frequent and ongoing problems.

On May 4, 2017 9:21 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

jbaxtr
Enthusiast - Level 3

2.39 gigs.

On May 4, 2017 9:23 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Steve_Jep
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd like to point out also that my job takes me away from home and wi-fi internet for months at a time and rely on hotspot for internet. We got unlimited data plan to have unlimited data for this exact reason, not a measly 10gb cap before being bumped down to 3g with 1Mbps speeds if you're lucky. More like 100-300Kbps.

Verizon needs to seriously work on improving their unlimited services, OR offer services to people like me. Let me use unlimited hotspot data at 4g that wont be throttled for an additional whatever per month.

10gb is nothing, not even close to an acceptable cap on an unlimited plan. Maybe 1TB or something so people can't just go nuts.

Sam1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

Currently have 7.5 gig used. It's consistently slow from beginning to end of cycle never getting close to the 22 gig alotted data usage