Re: Slow data speeds after change to unlimited plan
JUJU582010
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. I detest the unlmited plan. Paying more for less data! Slowing to 3 g after 10 gig.

JUJU582010
Enthusiast - Level 1

IMG_0081.PNG

This was mine a few minutes ago.

ALLWHITE360
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. Verizon won't agree that this is the issue, too many people with unlimited now and the band with they have isn't big enough.

DANLAU54
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is also extremely slow.  It was great for the first 45 days or so, then slowed to a crawl.

.63 up and maybe 1 down.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JUJU582010, we know how important it is to have access to LTE speeds. We want to make sure that you're having a stable and speedy connection. Based on these screenshots you've provided, it looks like you have your iPad connected to Wi-Fi. Can you tell us what type of device (mobile hotspot, jetpack, router, etc) it's connected to? Are the speeds this slow constantly?

0 Likes
Andertom
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far this "unlimited" plan sucks. Why would a phone be allowed 22 gigs before being slowed down and a hotspot only 10? Not to mention that after 10 gigs the best speeds I can get on hotspot are .04 download and .11 upload, so basically useless for the rest of the month. I used to pay for the 40 gig shared plan, phones only used a gig or two and rest was hotspot but worked fine. I have 5 phones and a hotspot, how about giving me 22 gigs x5 plus 10 for hotspot as shared data? Maybe you can hire that "can you hear me now" guy but change the slogan to "I've never felt more limited until I signed up for the unlimited plan."

jstewartiii
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still on a shared plan and the speeds are just as bad.

Its the whole verizon network that has issues....not just the unlimited plans.

It just all happened to slow down when they put the unlimited plans in play for everyone to sign up on.

jbaxtr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am on a shared plan with my wife. Our data speeds are awful. We updated to unlimited and immediately noticed a change in speed. Went back to 8 gigs and no problem. Returned to unlimited and had immediate issues. Seriously considering finding another carrier for our phone/data needs. Don't appreciate be scammed by high costs for poor service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jbaxtr, we want you to have the best plan for your needs. How much GB do you average monthly?

LauraL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jbaxtr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Laural, I usually need about 15 gigs per month between personal and

business use. I get 10 gigs from Dish Network. My intention was to cancel

the Dish data when I switched to unlimited, but have been having frequent

issues with the VZW data, so have not yet cancelled dish, just reduced the

VZW data plan.

On May 4, 2017 8:04 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>