Slow LTE Speeds in my Area
canderson252
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did a speed test this morning and my download speeds were 11.8 and upload was 5.03, but within a few hours the download was 0.36 and upload was still good at 7.43. What is this issue?

Labels (1)
Re: Slow LTE Speeds in my Area
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

More people in the area using the same tower?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

canderson252, we hate to hear you're having trouble with your services. As a consumer myself, I can understand your frustration with fluctuating signal. There are many factors that could be contributing to this, we want to make sure we provide the assistance you need today. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

SorelD_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
canderson252
Enthusiast - Level 1

What troubleshooting do you suggest? I did the speed test again just now. Download was 0.17 and upload is 5.85. I have 3 bars of LTE signal. I am in zip code 77705, Beaumont Texas.

WHOSTHEMASTER
Enthusiast - Level 3

Take record of when you are having problems.  Typically there will be a pattern. 

Sluggishness of internet via cellular is usually due to over utilization or rather insufficient capacity to handle the number of users at that particular time. 

I've personally had experience with another company that offered cellular internet for my office.  Worked great in the beginning.  As they continued to add more customers in the area, the speed slowed down to a point where I had to switch providers. 

0 Likes
LANDA409
Enthusiast - Level 1

IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, AND ITS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR THE PAST 3 YEARS OR SO, VERIZON HAS DEFINIETLY DROPPED THEIR SPEEDS ON THEIR WIRELESS PLANS, ITS A SHAME USED TO BE #1 IN THE COUNTRY NOW I GO TO SOME PLACES WHEN I TRAVEL AND EVEN GET NO SERVICE. I CHECK THEIR COVERAGE MAP AND SEE THERES COVERAGE WHERE IM GOING... ONCE I GET THERE... BOOM! NO SERVICE VERIZON IS GETTING MORE AND MORE EXPENSIVE AND THEIR SERVICES IS GOING TO garbage. ILL BE SWITCHING TO ATT SOON.

0 Likes