Slow Data Speeds 51111
Hegjay

I'm on the "Play More Unlimited 5G UW" plan and when i'm at work (zip code 51111) I'm getting terribly slow data speeds (.09 mbps to .83 mpbs down and .83 mbps to 2.98 mbps up).  When I'm at home (zip code 51104) the speeds are great.  I'm not hooked up to Wi-Fi at either location.  This started happening after switching to the new plan.  Is there anything I can do to get the data speed up when I'm at work?

0 Likes
Re: Slow Data Speeds 51111
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hegjay, we always want to help ensure that you are getting the best service possible wherever you go. Do you see slower speeds only while inside or at the mentioned ZIP Code in general?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Are you on 4G LTE or Verizon Nationwide 5G service?

0 Likes
Hegjay

I'm on the 4G LTE network.

0 Likes
Hegjay

Yes, the slow speeds are inside the 51111 zip code, and it is always slow.

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

If you are on 4G LTE network, there is no way you should be getting such lousy speeds at work.   I guess the Verizon Rep was asking "do do have the same lousy speeds inside your work building and outside your work building" in 51111 zip code?

0 Likes
Hegjay

The slow speeds are both inside the building and when I'm outside.

0 Likes
DMathews1
Contributor - Level 3

Hegjay-

You'll wait forever for a Verizon Rep to help you here on this forum... It's too bad they didn't need help... they would get the chance to feel what it's like getting "no help" from Verizon.

I'd recommend calling 611 and asking for tier-2 tech support.  Hopefully they don't route your call to the Philippines like they did me a few days ago 3 times! - -   The tier-2 person should be able to trouble shoot for you...  Don't let the tier-1 person try to figure it out or you'll end up wasting another 30-45 minutes.

Good luck!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To rule out another component, dial #3285 on your device. When calling the My Verizon app will share how much data has been used this billing period. 
How much data has been used?

The reason for asking is because with the Play More Unlimited plan "in times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than traffic after 50 GB/month/line. For original Play More Unlimited (available before 8/20/20) your data may be temporarily slower than traffic after 25 GB/month."

https://www.verizon.com/support/play-more-unlimited-faqs/

0 Likes
Hegjay

I've used 4.8Gb.

0 Likes