Slow 4G speeds in Stillwater, OK
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.speedtest.net/android/529737099.png

I get these types of speeds every night from 7pm until 12am. Same slow speeds from 7pm to 12am on my Droid Charge, Thunderbolt, UML290, and Novatel 4510L.The fact that the upload speed is very high speaks to the fact that this isn't a phone issue nor is it a signal issue. It would seem to indicate an overloaded tower.

I have called tech support multiple times in the past.  Each time, they open a ticket and promise to call back within 48 hours.  Each time, I receive no callback.  Each time I have to call in only to be told that my ticket was closed.  According to them, the tower is operating fine, and my coverage is just poor.  Really?  My coverage is poor only from 7pm until 12am?

Is there anything I can do to receive the minimum advertised 4G LTE speeds?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Slow 4G speeds in Stillwater, OK
B33
Legend

Well part of that could be the Times your Testing)  How's the speeds Past Midnight 1 ish or 2 ish or 3 O'clock if there better or hole lot better I'd say it's due in part that since you live in a College town you have a bunch young Folks that are doing there thing and what do i mean by that) There Texting, Using the Internet, or anything with Data in it.. and it might be possibly Taxting the System) This happened last year when the State fair was going on in our Town from Morning to about Midnight the speeds were worth a Crap after Midnight they went back up)

But there could be a couple things you could try Shut your Phone off Pull the Sim for 10 min then re-install it see if that helps or call Customer Service doing there operating Hours and have them Check the Towers in your Area and have them Check your PRL see what that does.. 

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

B33: I appreciate your reply. However, I think you're missing my point. Yes, the speeds do go back to normal after 1am. But, how does that help me when I work online from 7pm until midnight? The VZW network is only supposed to be reliable from 1am onward?

Stillwater is a college town, but I live on the outskirts of town and connect to a more rural tower (in Perkins, OK). Plus, it's summer anyway, so the student population is less than 10% of what it normally is during the school year.

Like I said, this happens on multiple devices. Customer service just closes my tickets, repeatedly.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well i seen Stillwater I was thinking you were in Stillwater dmc sorry I Looked on Sensorly.com and in the Perkins Area the city you listed above and it's showing a Signal for that area but it's not very Strong the strongest i see is south of E0720Rd and that is for 1 bar so that might be the Case) You can look at Sensorly.com two way  1 is on your Computer and the other is through the App that's in the Playstore..

O you might Try this Dmc try using  Different Servers when you Test)  When i test i use at least 5 to 10 different servers not always at the same time to see what the differences are.. b33

0 Likes
dmc271
Enthusiast - Level 3

B33: No need for apologies--I sincerely appreciate your replies. There is actually a tower in Perkins, I believe fed via microwave backhaul. Speeds are great during the vast majority of the day; it's just during these peak hours that it can't seem to keep up with traffic (yes, tested with multiple servers). It's quite disappointing that a relatively new technology is already overloaded. Seems like poor planning.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Your Welcome dmc just to Add i got Family down and around that Area,  Cousins, A Nephew , My Aunt And my Mom was Raised close to that Area I can't wait to come down there sometime to see the Area and Stop by Eskimo Joe's b