Signal Degraded after Storms
randomstring

After a string of storms, the normally strong signal in our area has dropped from full bars on the indicator to 1-2 bars.

Currently: 4G: -107 dBm, 1X:-120 dBm

GPS: 38.758925, -90.584336

This is not about my phone. It is evident on all of our devices. If there is a way to provide this information to the folks who would appreciate the data point, my work here is finished.

0 Likes
Re: Signal Degraded after Storms
bearone21
Legend

did you read what you wrote??

you know storms were in the area & still want a message to tell you that storms are in the area!

the best you'll generally ever see from the network is 5-12mbps down, that's with everything running at peak.

0 Likes
randomstring

What I wrote is that after the storms, our normally excellent signal strength is at a minumum. It is likely that a nearby tower was damaged. Someone at Verizon may want to know that, but their help system does not offer a way to communicate this information.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get great service with us, randomstring. We are here to help you.

Typically, the amount of bars for signal strength does not impact the service itself. Having a 4G LTE signal of -107dBm is nothing to be of concern, since that's more than enough to get great service. Our 1X service is only needed for phones that are not using our LTE for voice or Advanced Calling services, that service is being retired at the end of the year. 

Are you having any issue with calls, text or data services?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes