Service on unlimited plan is terrible
dawgsontop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since I switched to an unlimited plan, my downstream has been terrible.  I am only getting between 0.16 - 2.0 Mbps max.  Most of the time I am getting around 0.4 or worse.  Verizon was great on my 4 GB plan.  Why is my service so bad, no matter where I go?  I have an iPhone XS.

0 Likes
Re: Service on unlimited plan is terrible
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my data to keep me connected at all times and we want to ensure you can rely on your data as well, dawgsontop. Let's take a closer look into your data concerns. You mentioned this started when you changed your plan. Is this a consistent issue or is it sporadic? What unlimited plan are you on? Do you have any issues with calls or text? Is anyone else in your area experiencing the same issues? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
dawgsontop
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am on the go unlimited plan. My wife and I are both experiencing the same problem on our devices ever since we switched. To my knowledge, there was not supposed to be a data downstream downgrade when we upgraded to this plan. It doesn’t matter if we’re in the middle of town or at our house, we still have the same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the most out of your service is a must. Our Go Unlimited plan is geared for customers that are light to moderate data users that may stream on occasion. With this plan, in times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than traffic. Here is a link to the plan details, please review number 1: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-faqs/?kbid=147351

Now, your data should not be slowed all the time, so I'd like to gather some information from you. When did you switch plans? What is your current location (city, state)? Are there ever times that you receive 4G LTE speeds?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
dawgsontop
Enthusiast - Level 1

Today is the first time in weeks where I have received LTE speeds.  I live within 10 miles of Valdosta, GA, so I am there a lot.  Today at 5:41 pm I received 38 Mbps downstream.  During the middle of the day, I have been getting 0.40 and less, which is unusable and not worth being on an Unlimited plan.  Outside of Valdosta in the 31632 area code, I have been getting 3 Mbps.  I have been on this plan since last year, and it has only been the last couple of months I have noticed a problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot. I have sent a Private Note so we can investigate the network records further. YaleK_VZW

0 Likes