Service is zero or non-existent on Secord Lake, MI (48624). A new cell tower was installed at W. River Dr.
MSULover
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Verizon coverage map on the website is very misleading.  It shows voice and data with 3G coverage all over 48624.  Yet in reality there is no coverage of any kind on the west side of Secord Lake.  There are many Verizon Wireless customers who are forced to have AT&T landlines at their cottages on the lake.  C'mon Verizon, get coverage out here like your coverage map shows!  A new cell tower was just installed at W. River Dr. and M-30.  It has an SBC Ameritech name on it.  Why hasn't Verizon hooked into it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service is zero or non-existent on Secord Lake, MI (48624).   A new cell tower was installed at W. River Dr.
mjoseph290
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is a link to the Secord Township Board meeting minutes. Scroll down to the bottom where it says SBA/Verizon Tower. It says "on air" by 5/31/2014. That date is wrong. There were some delays. They should be "online" sometime in the coming months.

Archive - Township Board - 2014 - March 19

View solution in original post

Re: Service is zero or non-existent on Secord Lake, MI (48624). A new cell tower was installed at W. River Dr.
mjoseph290
Enthusiast - Level 1

The tower at W. River and M-30 was purchased from AT&T by Verizon wireless. It has a fiber backbone and will provide LTE VERIZON coverage to all of Secord Lake. It is a verizon tower. It should be online soon.

Re: Service is zero or non-existent on Secord Lake, MI (48624).   A new cell tower was installed at W. River Dr.
MSULover
Enthusiast - Level 2

mjoseph290, I hope that you are right.  I talked to the guys laying the cable from the tower to Gladwin.  They said the cable and tower are AT&T's and that it will bring AT&T service to Secord Lake.  Where did you get your information?  Thanks.

0 Likes
mjoseph290
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here is a link to the Secord Township Board meeting minutes. Scroll down to the bottom where it says SBA/Verizon Tower. It says "on air" by 5/31/2014. That date is wrong. There were some delays. They should be "online" sometime in the coming months.

Archive - Township Board - 2014 - March 19

Re: Service is zero or non-existent on Secord Lake, MI (48624). A new cell tower was installed at W. River Dr.
MSULover
Enthusiast - Level 2

Excellent!  Thanks for the info!  Finally, I can drop my landline and start using my cellphone!

0 Likes