Re: San Francisco LTE Awful at Market & Fremont
t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Whootang

I also have a ticket I opened up on Aug.30  Ticket   >> removed <<  (Pine/Front  and Cole/Haight neighborhood.   I just had it reopened on Sunday. Haven't heard an update.

>> Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also had tickets opened along Irving Street in the Inner Sunset, along Carl Street, along Duboce Ave, and along Market Street (all mostly where the N Judah goes). 

>>Post edited to remove discussion of moderation.  Please send a Direct Message to moderator or admin_moderator if you have concerns about moderation.<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon, I have yet to have anyone, either on the customer service line, on this forum, or on your twitter account acknowledge that you have a problem with your network in San Francisco.  Is that something you can do or am I just imagining that everyday in the same spots my phone doesn't work?  Reading a response from Verizon in another post about loyalty to customers (I've been a customer for ~10 years), I'd like you see some positive action showing how great your customer service is.

From this post:  https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/806121

We value all of our loyal customers! That's why we continue to invest billions of dollars each year into our network and customer support to ensure you have the very best experience!

and

Why would you want to leave us and sacrifice the quality of the best network and customer support?

0 Likes
slamtilt
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like their problem is just bandwidth with this area. Look how slow it gets once everyone starts getting to work.  For being such a popular area, you would think they would have addressed it a long time ago.  It is unusable and the constant struggle to use the network just drains the battery. 

Here are my test results:

LTE 4G

7:30 AM 10/2  - 50ms ping,  9.74 down, 6.59 up

8:00 AM 10/2  - 48ms ping,  7.25 down, 3.16 up

8:30 AM 10/2  - 65ms ping,  1.54 down, 0.09 up

9:00 AM 10/2  - 129ms ping, 0.90 down, 0.01 up

9:30 AM 10/2  - 696ms ping, 0.39 down, 0.00 up

10:00 AM 10/2 - 298ms ping, 0.26 down, 0.00 up

After I turn off my 4G LTE and go back down to 3G:

10:00 AM 10/2 - 65ms ping,0.17 down, .013 up

*This is on par with my 3G service I received on my iPhone 4, barely mediocre at best, but at least it was steady.

I can only imagine as all of their 4/4S customers start receiving their 5S phones through October and November, there is going to be more issues and more impact.

0 Likes
slamtilt
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just submitted my ticket...ending with 8763.  Is that the same (possibly global ticket) as yours or different?

The Support Rep was nice and courteous, but i had to jump through the hoops:

- how many bars check

- turn off wi-fi

- data roaming on

- shut off the phone - did something on their side

- same issue

- Did a network reset

- same issue

I was offered a couple options, utilize my 14 day worry free guarantee or submit a ticket. 

After seeing this forum and having co-workers on iPhones and Android devices experiencing the same issue...we know it is not the devices.

Have your co-workers submit tickets and post on this forum. 

0 Likes
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I learned today that my ticket never got opened, despite them saying they would do so and then email me the ticket #'s.  Called back today and spoke with a very helpful rep who seems to have finally taken ownership of these issues.  She opened a new ticket for me and we'll see what they say.

In other news, Verizon finally acknowledged an issue in this forum post!  https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1004741#1004741

Hi wootang12,

We certainly appreciate the details relating to your service. Having the best speeds is definitely important. Upon review of the area I do show that our engineers are aware of data speed issues in your location. We're currently investigating the issue and evaluating improvement locations for the data issues at hand, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whootang

Once again LTE OR even 3g has been useless in 94117. I called tonite and was informed that they are aware of the issue but there's still no ETA on it being fixed. I was told that I could cancel without ETF. I cancelled my jetpack ast month and was informed that there would be no ETF. However there was an ETF charge that showed up on my bill. Still working on getting that one removed. It's obvious that Verizon knows about these issues in high density areas. The more people that know about this the better. I hope Verizon is making the fiancial community aware of these issues since it will certainly impact growth.

0 Likes
whootang12
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told on the phone today that they were "tuning" and setting up cell sites in the area and expected to make progress by the end of the month.  I'm not holding my breath.  t2mobile, I'm curious when you bought your devices?  I am out of my 14 day window, but just got a 5s.  I think my ETF would be like $450, not sure they would let me get away with that?  It seems AT&T has much better coverage in SF from what I can see, although once I leave a city I'm sure I'll be cursing myself for not having Verizon.

0 Likes
t2mobile
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought my jetpack (now drink coaster) in April of 2012. I did  receive the credit of the ETF last month already for that.(I misread the bill) However I was offered the option tonight  to cancel my droid DNA phone with no ETF since its a known problem in the area with no specifics on the dates for resolving. I bought the Droid DNA last December. I decided not to for now since my wife's phone is tied to mine. They will definitely will push back more on a newer IPhone since they're in the hole for more $$ on those. However based on the principal that the data  service doesn't work and as far as we know will not be working anytime soon where we are should be enough. Even if you need to go to the Verizon store directly. I'd bring in all the sample speed tests as well. The reality is that even 3G speeds don't work. It's not like I'm complaining about only getting 800kbps or 1Mb. The problem is 8 out of 10 times I'm getting nothing or less than 500kbps

0 Likes
gigadrill

I also work at Market and Fremont and mobile data service is abysmal in the entire area -- indoors, outdoors, sidedoors

0 Likes