SIM exchange -- vl600 to MiFi
fatalrealm

Can I purchase a MiFi by Verizon, take the SIM from my vl600, insert it into the MiFi and it will work?

I am locked down to a vl600 and where my computer sits in a building makes it difficult to get signal.  Yet if I have a MiFi I can put it near the window and connect to it. 

Really appreciate all your help guys and gals!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: SIM exchange -- vl600 to MiFi
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi fatalrealm, 

Yes, what you described is indeed possible. However, the MiFi device cannot have a phone number and must be purchased at the full retail price.  If it is activated with it's own line, you are not able to transfer the SIM, since the SIM is based upon the phone number.

You can purchase a MiFi at the full retail price online at http://www.vzw.com .  

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Hello,

In theory what you are asking is possible.  As long as the Sim card you are using for your VL600 is a 4G Sim then it will work with the MiFi 4510L.  SIM cards between 4G devices are supposed to be compatible.  However a 4G Sim to 3G device only should not work (or even fit in the device).

A good test to confirm would be to visit a Verizon store and try it out.  You should be able to find an active MiFi on display and ask a rep for help.  Make sure to bring your laptop with you.  This way you will know right away if the Sim is compatible or not.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi fatalrealm, 

Yes, what you described is indeed possible. However, the MiFi device cannot have a phone number and must be purchased at the full retail price.  If it is activated with it's own line, you are not able to transfer the SIM, since the SIM is based upon the phone number.

You can purchase a MiFi at the full retail price online at http://www.vzw.com .  

Thank you!

0 Likes