Highlighted

Ridiculous slow Data Speed

Apprears Verizon has an issue with slow data speed in Jonesboro AR.  Particularly in town around popular businesses such as Sam's and along Red Wolf Blvd. Some of my test were ran while driving by the Verizon store.  Its ridiculous.  Are speeds being throttled  back or just not able to handle the traffic? Is this on purpose to try to get me to pay extra for premium data? I have the $35 unlimited data and I understand it says my data may be temporarily slower during congestion, but less than 1mbps?! Its unusable.  It's not my phone because other people with me have the same issue.   Here are screenshots of the test I did while experiencing the issue on different dates and times.  Anyone else have an issue?

Screenshot_20200704-085304_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-085243_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-085216_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-085056_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-085028_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-085018_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-084946_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-084925_Speedtest.jpg

Screenshot_20200704-084912_Speedtest.jpg

Tags (3)
Highlighted

Re: Ridiculous slow Data Speed

Customer Support

As a valued customer, your service concerns are our concerns too. We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow data speed problems in Jonesboro, AR. We appreciate the screenshots you've shared with our team and your feedback about the data speed issues you're experiencing. Rest assured we'll do everything we can to get this resolved. Based on the location you've provided (e.g., Sam's along Red Wolf Blvd in Jonesboro, AR), we've located this area in the 72401 zip code. Let's work together to get this resolved. How long have you been experiencing data speed slowness? Is this happening while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? Have there been any recent changes to your phone? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply.  This happens while sitting in a vehicle, outside or in a building. I have not made any changes to my phone. This has been going on for months.   I didn't notice it as much when I had a metered data plan unless we ran out of data for the month.    I feel like data is slow due to congestion but it should at least be usuable.   My wife who has a note 10 and my daughter who has an iphone has experienced it as well. They have been with me when the speeds are so slow.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Hello BRIELL13,

I appreciate those additional details, as well as the insight you provided. I would like to access your account and review the details. I will send you a Private Note, too.  

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I clicked the link to authenticate.  Here are some screen shots of test ran when I was experiencing slowness yesterday.  This time I was in the downtown area of Jonesboro.  Thanks.Screenshot_20200710-184957_Speedtest.jpgScreenshot_20200710-184951_Speedtest.jpgScreenshot_20200710-184938_Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes