Re: Question about upgrading from 3G phone to 4G LTE
drabina2010

Thanks for all the replies.

I have called Verizon three times already and every time I got different answers. The last CSR was pretty firm in statement that changes will have to be made to the plan if I activate 4G phone under current plan (I will loose unlimited data). The plan is already month to month as the contract has expired. I am bringing my own phone and Verizon still makes the activation a big hassle.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not referring to the regular customer service you get by calling *611 or 1-800-922-0204. You need to speak with the Verizon Wireless representative assigned to your company. If the company is large enough, they will have one.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
drabina2010

Just wanted to post an update. I got my free SIM card from Verizon and called Customer Service to switch the phones. I had my boss with me who is the account owner. I was told in the B&M office that I need his permission and also twice when I called Verizon CS. Well, it turns out that I was able to switch the phones (3G to 4G) without his permission and without any changes to the plan. So basically, every call to CS results in getting different set of instructions and information.

0 Likes
Not applicable

As already posted, data is data.  There is no different data plan for 3G vs 4G.  There is no reason anything would change or you would need any authorization.

0 Likes
Xtariz

What if I have 3G Gzone Commando and want to upgrade to 4G Galaxy S4 and still in share plan, Is it impossible to switch phone or activate the new phone in "My Verizon" or I have to call the verizonwireless to activate the phone? Because I will get hand on Galaxy S4 tomorrow, but don't know how to change from 3G Gzone Commando to 4G Galaxy S4.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Xtariz,

I'm excited to hear that you are going to purchase the Galaxy S4.  It is a great phone that I know you will love.

Activating the device online through My Verizon is quick and easy. Visit http://vz.to/12m2lHL for steps on how to activate. Enjoy the new phone!

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
aaronwesly

Question if anyone can help me,

My wife has Iphone 4 (3G) without sim card and I have Galaxy Nexus (4g lte). We're both on Nationwide family plan with Unlimited data.

I want to upgrade my wife iphone 4 to Samsung galaxy Note2 (4g lte phone with sim card).

Can anyone or verizon csr tell me the "sure" steps so I can keep my unlimited data plan?

I didn't have problem switching from my GNEX since it's already on 4g lte and has simcard, I don't know how it goes on the Iphone 4.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If either of you sign a new two-year contract to get a subsidized phone, you'll lose your unlimited data plans (you won't lose both if one of you upgrades, just the line that's upgraded will be switched to a tiered data plan).  To keep your unlimited data plans, you'll need to pay full retail price for your phones or buy used ones from somewhere like ebay or swappa.

0 Likes
aaronwesly

I'm planning not to sign a new contract and getting the phone on ebay.

I read elsewhere saying Verizon will say that I won't be able to upgrade my wife Iphone 4 (3g) to any other verizon 4g LTE phones. I see disclaimer on activation device page.

On this thread, he had 3g phone with sim card and had to get a new sim card then activate the 4g phone.

Iphone 4 doesn't have sim card, I just need the step by steps on how to do it. Maybe couple of hit or miss on verizon csr to allow me to do it?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can get a SIM card free at your local Corporate Verizon store for the Note 2, then activate it on-line via your MyVerizon account.  Ensure that the phone is Verizon branded with a clean ESN.

0 Likes