Question about upgrading from 3G phone to 4G LTE
drabina2010

I have 3G smartphone (LG Vortex) and I am looking to upgrade it to LG Lucid which supports 4G. My plan is Nationwide Business Talk 450 with unlimited data. Is my current plan going to work with the 4G phone?Would I need to do anything besides activating new phone?

Sorry if those are basic questions.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Question about upgrading from 3G phone to 4G LTE
Not applicable

if you take a subsidy you lose unlimited data. It does not cost to go from 3G to 4G of course you can pay full price and keep unlimited data. As far as your calling plan I do not know. Call *611 and ask.

Sorry I could not assist more.

0 Likes
drabina2010

I am not going to buy phone from Verizon. I have an used 4G phone that I can use. I guess I can just switch the service, correct?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yes, if it's a Verizon phone.

0 Likes
drabina2010

According to Verizon's customer service representative, I cannot just activate my new 4G phone and keep the current data plan (unlimited). The plan has to switch to 2GB data plan for the same price. It doesn't matter if I bring my own phone or get one from Verizon.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You should be able to keep your existing plan and existing unlimited data as long as you do not sign a new contract.  Call them again and see if another CSR will allow you to do this.  The only reason I can see they would not allow this is if you are on some old obsolete plan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to a corporate store and ask for a new SIM card for your privately purchased device and have them activate it on your line. Be firm but nice in stating you don't want any other changes on your account. If they give you grief, walk out of the door and go to a different corporate Verizon Wireless store.

You can upgrade your device from a 3G device to a 4G device when you bring your own device and not lose the unlimited data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
drabina2010

The plan that I have (Nationwide Business Talk 450) is managed by the company I work for. I was told by CSR that they do not offer unlimited data plans for 4G phones. I may try Verizon store as suggested.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then you should ask your company's assigned VZW rep.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Data is data.  There is no difference in 3G vs 4G data.  If you have a grandfathered unlimited data plan, you can keep that unlimited data plan if you do not sign a new 2 year contract.  Normally, you would only sign a new contract if you were purchasing a new Verizon subsidized phone.

0 Likes