Poor signal
sonic331va

I've had poor signal at my home for nearly 6 years since the old Alltel tower Verizon was using has been decommissioned. I have reported this before and it still continues to be a problem. It needs to be fixed. When the tower we ping off is congested, I have NO LTE service. This is a current speedtest result done from my phone:

speedtest.PNG

I have the most current unlimited data plan Verizon offers, and I know I'm not being deprioritized as I have not even hit close to the 75GB advertised.

My zip code: 23872

My plan: Get More Unlimited (Smartphone)

My current data usage: 11.80GB (as of this writing)

My signal strength: -109 dBm 31 asu

This affects data AND voice services. I live approximately 2.5 miles from the nearest tower we ping. I cannot use my home internet service with a network extender becuase we do not have broadband in the area in which I live (I am nearly one mile away from town where cable is available and we are forced to use 1.1mbps DSL with 0.03mbps upload).

0 Likes
Re: Poor signal
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No one has time for data issues including me, Sonic331va. I would love to help as much as we can. I do see that that you have contacted us before especially if we did offer you the Network Extender. I would love to review your account. I have sent you a private message. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
drm1963
Enthusiast - Level 3
Harrison, Tennessee 37341 Cell Service degraded badly from Full bar to in past 6 months now @ 1 dot
drm1963
drm1963

First off We have iPhone X, iPhone 6s+, iPad 9.7 with Cell service on it.

Family has iPhone x, iPhone 8, iPads, a few Android devices  etc...

We are an Apple FamilyWe have lived in this Home for over 5 years and I have been with Verizon forever, prior to moving here.

When we moved in we had Cell service at MAX strength.

Over pst 6 months our cell service has degrade to what it is now, ALL BUT NON_EXISTANT!

Now this is both inside and Outside the home and the Tower is 1.5 miles away and since I hve not moved my 4,000 sqft home and from what I can tell the tower has not moved either there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I keep all the phones for my family updated. I have had the phones to the Verizon and Apple store and neither have identified issues with our phones so again, there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I have spoken to others in the area with Android as well as more Apple products and they all have the same story.

Verizon service has degraded to the point to where I am looking at changing providers as well as recommending others do the same in the area and then Verizon may take notice of the situation!

I can go to my family inCleveland where we have always had a full bar and strangly we still have a full bar when there but again we return home and anywhere we are we no have just 1 dot or less!

ROBWAR6

Is there a way to boost a weak signal?  My problem is I’m too far from a tower, only have 1 bar at best.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always more than happy to go over your signal booster options! We will be sending you a Private Note, so we can further assist you. MoniqueH_VZW

0 Likes