Poor signal strength - 46783
edmills

A little over a year ago I had issues with Sprint.  Evidently, there had been some issues with their tower... a "booster" signal was not functioning properly.  The technicians were aware of the issue and their customer support was also aware of the issue.  Prior to the faulty equipment/signal, everything was great.  Continuous strong signal, no matter where you were at work, you always had a decent connection.  After the failure... signal strength was non-existent inside the building, you could not stream music (let alone video), you would have to wait to text any multimedia (photos) until you walked outside.  After listening to them make promises for a few months that the issue was being taken care of and repairs should be completed by the "end of the month", I gave up.  I came to Verizon.  That was March of last year.  Since then, I've had wonderful connection.  Could stream music and send/receive multimedia texts with no issues.  Ever.  Until last week.  When we returned from our Christmas holiday break, my signal varies from LTE to 3g... to just bars.  I am barely able to stream some music (iHeart radio), but it breaks up while moving around inside the building.  If I am outside on a break, I can get a steady LTE signal.  Something has happened to the signal strength near 46783.  Please remedy this issue.  And soon.  Otherwise, you're going to end up losing a customer.

0 Likes
Re: Poor signal strength - 46783
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would hate to lose your preference, edmills. We understand the importance of having reliable service where you need it most and we'd love to help. What changes have occurred on your device/plan recently? Are there other Verizon users experiencing the same issue?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
edmills

Hello... thank you for the response.

There has been no changes to my device - other than regular software updates, etc.

There was a plan change back in Sept/Oct... something about I could get the same services at a lower price (I think it was like $5 cheaper), agreed to that... but honestly, haven't really seen a change.

But no change to my plan that would effect my signal strength.  

Several users are experiencing the same issue.  I work in a plant with over 4k people.  Here are some of the comments from one of our Facebook pages:

Donna C - Talked to Verizon today. They have tickets in for our work location. She claims our tower is at max capacity (answer from the other work tickets). Problem may not be fixed until 5G tower is installed or less people are using the network! Not a acceptable solution in my opinion since they have no idea when a new tower would be built. Anyone else get a different answer?

Eric S - mines been alot slower in the new bodyshop. I have 4g and full bars but shows take long to load, and a game I play won't load at all. I step out the door and it works great.

Donna C - Old paint. My son has had issues too in GA

Donna M -  I was told it was temporary and it was because too many people using network at same time. I told them it was fine before Christmas! I couldn’t get an answer as to how long before they would get it fixed.

Najala R -  I’m on door line and I can literally only make phone calls and even that is iffy. It was fine before break. I actually just switched to Verizon not too long ago for the service and now this.

Danny R - I’m in final 2 . Phone worked fine before break now I can only text/call . I try every day since we came back and haven’t got a single thing that requires data to load.

Adam G - I called yesterday and the rep I talked to had me download an app to do a speed test. It took 3-4 minutes to download the app, then all I got was an error message to check my network connection. My connection wasn’t good enough to do the speed test they asked me to do....hopefully that sent a message.

I appreciate any and all information you can share.  I'll be happy to share that information with the group as well.

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the insight, edmills. Do you have these issues at certain times of the day? How many bars of signal do you have indoors as opposed to indoors?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
edmills

You are most welcome.

It happens during the entire shift (8 hours, if not a few more) that I work... which is 2:30p to 10:30p EST.

As I mentioned, indoors ... the strength is unreliable.  From LTE with 1 - 4 bars, 3G with 1 - 4 bars, and then just the bars, anywhere from 2 to 4 bars.

Outside... constant LTE with 3 to 4 bars.

And just to be clear... and clarify the other people's complaints... it's over the entire plant.  It's not just one area (which may be shielded or have equipment that would interfere with the signal), it's literally from one end to the other.  To walk from the end of the line in GA to the opposite end of the new body shop, you're looking at about a mile and a half, if not two or more.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the insights. We would like to have a speed test run on your device. Please follow the steps in the link below, and share screenshots with us:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-16543/

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
edmills

Check ticket# NRB000010081059

This ticket was opened by one of the folks at work - not sure which shift/dept they work.

0 Likes
edmills

This was the latest post this morning from a Herschel H -

"Verizon service issue information!! Cross posting on all pages.

I've seen many post about people having issues and calling Verizon but no one has really given others clear instructions on how to help. One of the post said there's a ticket open but the rep I spoke with was unable to find one so he opened a new one.

If you call 1866-221-4096 you will be connected to tier two support for Verizon. The ticket that I had opened for our plant is NRB000010081771 just give the rep that you get that number and they should be able to add your name to the ticket.

The more people that call and give that ticket number the more attention it will get. Also the rep credited me $30 with no hassle, I'm sure if you want to argue they would give you a bit more off but after getting all this information from him I didn't want to cause him any problems.

So please anyone who has verizon and is having signal issues at work call the number provided and give them that ticket number. If they try to have you run test on your phone just inform them that there's at least 300 people per shift having the same issue so it's nothing to do with your phone. Hopefully they can find a solution quickly."

My reply to this... I'm done.  Verizon has til the end of Feb billing cycle to fix this mess or I'm jumping ship to AT&T.  When I contact customer service to have my number moved over, I hope they aren't as shocked as Sprint's was when I moved to you guys.  That... and I really don't want to spend 10 mins in the middle of an AT&T store explaining to them why I'm at this point.  Which is what I did to Sprint, while standing in a Verizon store.  Sad that customers have to go through this to "try to" maintain reliable service.

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the network investigation ticket. Typically, the individual that open the ticket with us will be notified once a resolution has been reached. 

The ticket you provided is showing as still being open. Please allow our Network Engineers the needed time to investigate and address the issue you are experiencing. This process can take up to 10 business days, we see this ticket was opened on 1/14/2020.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes