Poor coverage in my area Napa, CA?
rlwampler

I've lived in the Napa, California area (94559) for a little over 2 years.  I've noticed that anytime I am in the south Napa area (populated by residential and a lot of retail) I have to give up on trying to use my cell data.  I either don't use my phone or if I'm lucky enough to jump on a wifi then I can use it.  When does Verizon plan to upgrade cell coverage in areas that are populated, such as this? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor coverage in my area Napa, CA?
bearone21
Legend

network will provide 5-12mbps at best & can be a lot slower.

i'm sure no one here knows.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a strong signal where you need is very important and we do want to make sure that your service concerns are looked into for you, rlwampler.  What type of speeds are you receiving when in the particular area?  You can run a speed test on your device by downloading the speedtest.net app or going to google and searching “speed test” to run a test.  Please share with me the results.  Is this happening indoors or outdoors as well?  What make and model device do you have and is anyone else impacted or experiencing the same difficulties?

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

mcalimquim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having really poor coverage near napa valley college. I feel like I need to change carriers as the coverage is very poor!!!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcalimquim, we always want you to have service you can rely on. What has beeing going on with your service? Does this only happen in your area?    EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
KW0311
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon 4g is terrible in downtown Napa luckily it works great in American Canyon where I live. I know AT&T works great comparatively but Verizon is much faster in areas with actual coverage.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having reliable service where you need it the most is essential to staying connected. To further pinpoint your location please provide a major intersection and zip code in the problem area. Which services are impacted (calls, texts, data)? Do you know of others with the same issue?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
notbychoice
Enthusiast - Level 1

I moved to Napa almost a year ago, and my cell coverage has gotten consistently worse. My zip code is 94558. I live about a mile south of a major crossroad, Trancas and Solano. I have an extender in my home and IT DOESN'T WORK. I've called Verizon at least three times in the last two months about this problem and each time they say it is fixed, it isn't. The CSR actually told me that in a poor coverage area like Napa, the service would be worse in my home! Isn't that the one place it SHOULD be flawless, especially if I have an extender? I'm experiencing about a dozen dropped calls in four hours.  

notbychoice
Enthusiast - Level 1

True that. They'll just continue saying they fixed it, when they didn't, instead of addressing the real problem, which is network infrastructure in the Napa Valley. For a worldwide tourist destination, I'm appalled that Verizon can get away with this.

mcalimquim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I work in napa near napa valley college and the service really terrible!! Being stuck on really poor service and having to decide if I want to pay the hefty cancellation fee is a big decision.