Poor Wireless Service In Zip Code 87943
OspreyRanch

We can get 3 bars LTE but phone calls connect with no voice and there is no data capability.  We have three phones that are affected.  Our MiFi has 3-4 bars but internet service is very intermittent with no service most of the time.  Even when we get close to town, phone call connections are intermittent and data is also.

The issue started on Labor Day, but normal service returned for a while.  It has been unusable for 3-4 weeks now.  Many times we will have 3 bars minimum and then the signal will completely disappear.  It will return 10-30 minutes later.

I am connecting now from 85710 since there is no way to connect or call from 87943.

0 Likes
Re: Poor Wireless Service In Zip Code 87943
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OspreyRanch, thank you so much for providing me with these details. We know the importance of needing to have cellular service. I was looking at the coverage map for the zip code that you provided (87943). This is coming up as no coverage https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/better-matters/. We're always looking to expand our coverage across the United States. I do apologize for any inconvenience. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
OspreyRanch

So, unless you changed something, my location has 4G LTE service.  I have been receiving it just fine for over a year.  I added a booster with the antenna on a tower to increase the signal (and registered it).  All of the issues just started happening since September.  We have also always been able to get a pretty good signal from the peak of a mountain pass and that no longer works either.  As I said, the signal is their, just no ability to connect a call or do data services, where we always have been able to before.

This really indicates that there is a change on your end that started around Labor Day and has been getting worse ever since.

My ability to receive a good signal and even stream videos existed until Labor Day.  Prior to that, I had good connectivity for the entire year.

0 Likes
OspreyRanch

Attached are your coverage maps that show I should be getting service.  The first is where I am located and have the booster.  The second is the mountain peak where there has always been service in the past.  Again, I get bars and the LTE signal, but actually have no connectivity.

Location.PNGLocation 2.PNG

0 Likes
OspreyRanch

My wife was in Truth or Consequences, NM yesterday and was telling people about our issues, and they all asked if she had Verizon.  Apparently, it's not just us.  The issue of intermittent connections and data is rampant in T or C.  So, please investigate this.  Or at least tell me if your coverage map is wrong and my previous year's good experience at that location is no longer going to happen so I can investigate other options.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OspreyRanch,

Thank you for showing us those visuals. We want to get to the bottom of your signal concerns once and for all. The last thing we'd want to see is for you to leave the Verizon family. Are you noticing the issues are happening indoors or outdoors? What does your device show for signal strength in the area where the problems occur? What's the make and model of your phone?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
OspreyRanch

The issues are both indoors and outdoors.  We generally have 3 bars LTE, sometimes 2.  At times, we will have 3 bars and then no service at all with the iPhone searching for a signal and then 3 bars LTE again.  Yesterday, my wife was in Truth or Consequences NM, the nearest city/town, and she had 4 bars, but no data capability.  Others we have spoken to in Truth or Consequences are having the same issue in the last 2-3 weeks.  I have 2 iPhone 6s phones and my wife has an iPhone 8s phone.  In addition, we just received a MiFi8800.  It also has issues with no data connection with 3 bars LTE showing.  Data will return for a while and then leave.  The signal never really changes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OspreyRanch, these details are helpful. We want to dig deeper to get these service issues resolved. I've sent you a Private Message so that we can gather much-needed details. Please message us back in the Private Message to continue. AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
drm1963
Enthusiast - Level 3
Harrison, Tennessee 37341 Cell Service degraded badly from Full bar to in past 6 months now @ 1 dot
drm1963
drm1963

First off We have iPhone X, iPhone 6s+, iPad 9.7 with Cell service on it.

Family has iPhone x, iPhone 8, iPads, a few Android devices  etc...

We are an Apple FamilyWe have lived in this Home for over 5 years and I have been with Verizon forever, prior to moving here.

When we moved in we had Cell service at MAX strength.

Over pst 6 months our cell service has degrade to what it is now, ALL BUT NON_EXISTANT!

Now this is both inside and Outside the home and the Tower is 1.5 miles away and since I hve not moved my 4,000 sqft home and from what I can tell the tower has not moved either there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I keep all the phones for my family updated. I have had the phones to the Verizon and Apple store and neither have identified issues with our phones so again, there must be something that Verizon is doing to degrade the signal.

I have spoken to others in the area with Android as well as more Apple products and they all have the same story.

Verizon service has degraded to the point to where I am looking at changing providers as well as recommending others do the same in the area and then Verizon may take notice of the situation!

I can go to my family inCleveland where we have always had a full bar and strangly we still have a full bar when there but again we return home and anywhere we are we no have just 1 dot or less!

0 Likes