Poor LTE service Castro and 18th area in San Francisco
supermaurosf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to bring this issue up again to Verizon’s attention. This issue has been reported before in other posts. Completely unusable LTE service in the Castro and 18th area in San Francisco. 

This is an area where I spend a lot of time and I always have to turn off LTE in switch my iPhone X Max to 3G in order to send a message or order an Uber. I wonder why Verizon has not fixed this issue even after all the complaints here. When inside a bar or restaurant the signal bar shows full signal but unable to transfer data. 

Re: Poor LTE service Castro and 18th area in San Francisco
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that of the unusable LTE service in the Castro and 18th area in San Francisco outlined in your post, supermaurosf. I understand that you spend a lot of time in this area and you always have to turn off LTE order to send a message or to order a share ride car. You also indicate that inside a bar or restaurant the signal bar shows full signal but the phone is unable to transfer data. I apologize if this issue has been reported before and you have not seen any improvement.

We are committed to improve your wireless experience and we need some additional information. Please answer the following questions and we'll be able to troubleshoot this issue for you.

When did these issues start?
What iOS version is currently installed on your phone?
Do you notice any improvement if you power the phone off for 30 seconds and then on again?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
supermaurosf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Antonio,

I was a verizon customer in 2016 and left Verizon over this issue in the Castro area. So this is a problem that have been around for a while.

I switched back to Verizon last January to find out this issue is still a problem.

All my iOS devices are runnning the latest version .

Turning the devices off and back on does not improve LTE speeds. 

bearone21
Legend

a full signal bar doesn't =fast connection speeds.

the best speeds you'll ever see from the network is 5-12mbps & can be much slower.

fwiw: i haven't seen  phone that can toggle out of lte....lte works or it doesn't.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

All services are important and we want your data working as it should be. What speeds are you noticing at the location you have described? Here is a link for a Speedtest:http://spr.ly/6609EtwKh Please let us know your results.  ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
raygrimsinger
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a well known problem across everyone using Verizon in the Castro area in SF.  I'm thinking about switching to AT&T because it's that bad.

0 Likes
raygrimsinger
Enthusiast - Level 1

You can't do anything on LTE, there's no reason to check speeds because there is no speed.  You can't do anything unless you turn LTE off on your phone.  This is wide spread throughout the Castro area.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

raygrimsinger, We would never want you leaving the Verizon family, we're here to help. Tell us the zip code so we can take a closer look at the area?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
pupkinpie2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Zip code is 94114.  I live in the same neighborhood. I also see the same area doesn't have 5g coverage, yet the rest of San Francisco does have 5g coverage as of today. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes