Re: Poor LTE Chicago loop
VzwChi

LTE speeds in the loop and on the brown line continue to be very slow. Verizon's CFO admitted today there are issues in big cities including Chicago. The network will reportedly be fixed by year end.

0 Likes
simon_allaway

Well, they haven't been fixed.

Verizon LTE speeds are still terrible within 60606. I am regularly outside on Wacker and Madison and can only ever get a connection (for a few seconds) if I toggle Airplane mode. When I head to the train at Randolph and Michigan Ave, the speeds are absolutely incredible, especially in the actual station underground.

0 Likes
jsp2689

I am glad I finally get to validate my issues by seeing all of you have the same problem - I noticed my service at my desk, in the office, down on street level, and all over the 60606 zip code went way downhill in early August. Like another poster said,  7AM-7PM forget about using any data. I can't even send simple iMessages or email.  I'm on an iPhone 5 with iOS8 and have reported 2 trouble tickets over the last month with "no problems found." I used to be an employee of an indirect agent and am disappointed with the fact that Verizon isn't doing more to fix this problem.  I am very loyal to this company but it honestly could bring me to jump ship.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jsp2689,

We don't want you to jump from any ship! Let's keep sailing forward! I'm shocked to hear that you are having issues in this area. What kind iPhone do you have? Are you able make and receive phone calls in this area? Have you been able to complete a reset of the network settings in the phone? You can do that by going into Settings, Genera, Reset, Reset Network Settings. Once that has been completed then please try the data services again. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jsp2689

I have an iPhone 5 on iOS 8.0 (12A365) but the problem has been occurring prior to the latest update. I have reset all network settings and done extensive handset troubleshooting. Phone calls work fine, data is the issue. There have been (2) network-based trouble tickets opened by tier 2 tech support and they have noted it is due to the area.  They continue to tell me engineers are looking into it but they never come to resolution or follow up with me. I guarantee it's due to the network capacity as when I am not in the loop (downtown) and I leave that area, my service improves dramatically. I use my device for work during the day, and I think it is ridiculous that CS expects me to circumvent the issue by using SMS instead of iMessage and trying to find a wifi hotspot to use email, web browsing, streaming services, et cetera. I don't spend the money on Verizon to hunt for wifi and use basic text messaging.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jsp2689,

Thank for these details. I want to make sure that we take a close look into this. I don't want you to hunt for wi-fi service. I want to get more details from you. I did send you a Direct Message. Can you please respond back to that message. I am looking forward to working with you.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes