Re: Poor LTE Chicago loop
ltechicago

Yep. Switching one line soon (off contract) and the other as soon as my contract is up. I get this is a complicated problem to solve, but that's the good thing about us having a choice of providers. Verizon used to have the best network (at least in Chicago), but that is definitely not the case anymore.

0 Likes
VzwChi

Still no response from verizon on my trouble ticket.  Like ltechicago, my issues are magnified during morning/evening rush and lunch time (all outdoors).  Clearly there aren't enough towers or capacity.  I was previously an ATT customer and the data issues on verizon today remind me of the ATT network during the past several years (which is why i left ATT).  Verizon LTE was great when i joined a year ago - not so much now.  The AWS spectrum i read about needs to be deployed in Chicago asap.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that having service issues can be frustrating VZwChi. I'm sorry you haven't received any status back for your trouble-ticket.  We can review the status if you provide the number here. Trouble tickets can take 3-5 business days to receive a resolution. You will be contacted either by text, phone, or email. Please keep us posted and provide that number so we can check on your area further.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
VzwChi

This is the number i received after filing the ticket:

>>ticket number removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dear VzwChi,

Good afternoon. I appreciate the trouble ticket number provided. I am happy to inform you that the trouble ticket has been completed. Below I have provided you with the ticket resolution.

According to our Network Engineers, they determined the coverage area of the address provided is good. You are also provisioned correctly in Billing and Switch. They also determined your device is working properly. There was no indication that there were any issues with data connections showing and account has been active for almost a month. No network issues were found.

Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
VZWNY
Enthusiast - Level 3

So the Chicago issue sounds just like the NYC complaints/resolutions (or lackthereof) >>  https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/801799
VZW is not hearing it's customers, it isn't just 1 person complaining...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Dear VzwChi,

Good afternoon. I appreciate the trouble ticket number provided. I am happy to inform you that the trouble ticket has been completed. Below I have provided you with the ticket resolution.

According to our Network Engineers, they determined the coverage area of the address provided is good. You are also provisioned correctly in Billing and Switch. They also determined your device is working properly. There was no indication that there were any issues with data connections showing and account has been active for almost a month. No network issues were found.

Should you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

That ticket number was removed from the forum since it was a ToS issue related to privacy. I really wish the reps would follow the same rules everyone else has to follow to post here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mcweerd

OH DOH!! I set my wife up with VZN yesterday at the store in the loop. I sure as krell didn't want her on my Sprint account after her Tmobile expired. With Sprint I am getting no data whatsoever in the loop, I mean none. They actually have the sand to tell me to turn off my LTE network mode for improved performance downtown.

So I told my wife to go the VZN route and now I'm reading this... ugh. It's funny the guy in the store assured me there was great speeds in the loop. Then he said, "Except right outside our store... for some reason you can't get anything in that area." He was nice enough...

Is ATT an option? Or is it that everyone is just jumping on the LTE towers for every provider? I'm considering jumping ship. I had my wife test her speed at work downtown and she said she got a -1 for ping and 0 for download... sigh.

0 Likes
BigMak99

Started having LTE issues since yesterday (9/18) morning in 60604 area code (loop). Switched off LTE today and now at least, I can get emails. I was on AT&T for 16 years and got tired of their problems and switched to VZ because of their reliability reputation. Everything was great until yesterday morning. I called VZ service too. "Got a same standard reply. No outages in the area. Try back later". If VZ don't solve the issues by this weekend. I am switching back to AT&T.

0 Likes
VzwChi

I ran more speed tests outside today (on north Wacker). 12:55pm. Ping of 235. Download speed of .33 Mbps and upload of .001mbps. The network is very overloaded downtown yet verizon continues to say everything is fine.

0 Likes