Poor 4g speeds
JIFFYLUBE84
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you think this is good 4g speeds? This is normal 4g speeds in the part of North Central Florida where I live. Frankly I’m getting fed up with Verizon’s service.Do you think this is good 4g speeds? This is normal 4g speeds in the part of North Central Florida where I live. Frankly I’m getting fed up with Verizon’s service.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Poor 4g speeds
JIFFYLUBE84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve got beyond unlimited, and I would be very happy to have 5mbps but I seldom see 1mbps usually it’s like the picture shows 3[phone number removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] kbps ie poor 3g speeds. Yes I believe it is because of congestion, this is a rural area where most people only have cellular networks for high speed internet so once Verizon came out with unlimited plans everybody started using the cellular network for streaming video, gaming, etc, but because we are rural Verizon could careless about upgrading the infrastructure around here. Our decline in service happen with in a few months of the unlimited plans rolling out. I hope things get better when the upcoming LEO internet sat constellations come online.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

Could be congestion/deprioritization, what plan are you on? You might only get 5 - 12 Mbps on a good day.

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
0 Likes
JIFFYLUBE84
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve got beyond unlimited, and I would be very happy to have 5mbps but I seldom see 1mbps usually it’s like the picture shows 3[phone number removed per the Verizon Terms of Service] kbps ie poor 3g speeds. Yes I believe it is because of congestion, this is a rural area where most people only have cellular networks for high speed internet so once Verizon came out with unlimited plans everybody started using the cellular network for streaming video, gaming, etc, but because we are rural Verizon could careless about upgrading the infrastructure around here. Our decline in service happen with in a few months of the unlimited plans rolling out. I hope things get better when the upcoming LEO internet sat constellations come online.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have the best internet speeds at all times. We want to look into this for you and see what we can do. You mentioned that this is happened at work. In which zip code are you having this problem? You mentioned your co workers are having this issue as well. Do they also have Verizon? Is this only happening indoors? How far do you have to travel to get a strong internet signal? Are your roaming settings turned on?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes